Author Topic: LNER fleet survey  (Read 1452 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
LNER fleet survey
« on: 23 May, 2020, 02:01:41 pm »
One day left.  Get in your comments about sensible non-dangy cycle space, adequate room for luggage, windows for wheelchair users, toilets that aren't covered in piss, electrons and whatever...

https://surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LNERFleet

Re: LNER fleet survey
« Reply #1 on: 23 May, 2020, 04:25:07 pm »
I made my feelings clear on the POS "shower cubicles"  ::-)
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #2 on: 23 May, 2020, 05:39:29 pm »
Survey monkey as good as these new trains.....out of service.

Hitachi have driven so many people off these appalling new trains there seems to be a conspiracy or it is a plan.

It’s quicker and safer (no covid 19 mask required) to cycle .... yeah! -  Audax Edinburgh-London anyone?   ;D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3 on: 23 May, 2020, 05:45:31 pm »
I was half way through the survey when the site went down for maintenance.

Probably some algorithm that detects answers it doesn't want to hear.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 23 May, 2020, 05:49:45 pm »
One day left.  Get in your comments about sensible non-dangy cycle space, adequate room for luggage, windows for wheelchair users, toilets that aren't covered in piss, electrons and whatever...

https://surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LNERFleet

What time does it close? they are down for 8 hours maintenance  :(

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #5 on: 23 May, 2020, 10:51:53 pm »
Hmm, was about to respond but seemed to have missed the opportunity now. Anyone feel like tweeting LNER to ask them about giving an extra day in view of this? (I'm not a Twitter user but it seems to effective in these situations)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 24 May, 2020, 01:15:54 am »

Bonus feature of being awake stupid late, managed to fill in the survey. Survey Monkey maintenance is over, should be possible for the rest of you now.

I made comments about bike spaces.

Can't help but think it's consult to ignore.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #7 on: 24 May, 2020, 08:30:58 am »
It says it closes at 11.45pm today so still a chance to fill it in. I guess it's easy to think it will be ignored, but if we don't do it they can say we had a survey and very few people comnented.
For me personally the new train cycle carriage on both LNER and GW has been a real reduction of amenity as both were previously tandem friendly routes. Although it also may mean we finally have to get to grips with the S&S couplings (assuming we ever get to travel anywhere again of course!)

« Reply #8 on: 24 May, 2020, 09:46:35 am »
I've completed the survey (although fairly cynical about whether it will result in any action).  It is very frustrating to see the lack of provision for cycling when things could obviously be so much better.

A few years ago I used a local train in Denmark, on the way to take part in the Vatternrundan event in Sweden.  Middle carriage had a wide platform level entry, and one side of the compartment was left open so that it could be used for bikes, wheelchairs, pushchairs.  I was towing a two wheel trailer with my tent and camping gear, no problem getting on the train.  On the way back there was a replacement bus service for part of the route.  Again, no problem as the driver helped me get the bike and trailer into the luggage compartment on the coach.  Such a contrast with what happens here.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

« Reply #9 on: 24 May, 2020, 10:19:36 am »
Done , but it's probable about as much good as pissing in to the wind 
Its More Fun With Three .