Author Topic: If your Edge 705 turns itself off randomly, please read  (Read 1654 times)

If your Edge 705 turns itself off randomly, please read
« on: 01 September, 2013, 08:36:15 pm »
Hi all,

I have had a problem with my Garmin Edge 705 that has got worse over the past 6 months. It was turning itself off mid-ride, needed soft resets to turn it back on and was just becoming a massive pain in the arse. I tried allsorts, downgraded the firmware, master resets. It had got to the stage a month ago where it wouldn't turn on for 1 week even though it was fully charged.

I was so close to sending it back to Garmin for £80 to get a refurb as it was out of warranty and then on a whim I bought a replacement battery off eBay. Cost me £10.

Took off the back of the Garmin and it immediately became apparent what might have gone wrong, there is a large orangey/brown connect that connects between the battery and the circuit board and it was fairly loose, looks like vibrations may have gradually worked it loose. Anyway pressed that down and for good measure replaced the battery and wolah! It works. Did a 170km ride today and not a problem whatsoever.

This post is merely advice in case anyone is having the same problem. If it was under warranty I would have just sent it back.

Jon.