Author Topic: Yorkshire via Essex 600  (Read 5885 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: Yorkshire via Essex 600
« Reply #25 on: 24 June, 2019, 02:15:56 pm »
Off to trawl ebay for a good looking set of 10spd hollotec cranks... Or I might swap the hope bb for standard SRAM one. Hm...

Interesting write up!

I have a set of 50/34 tiagra 4700 cranks that are unused. If you wanna make me an offer.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #26 on: 24 June, 2019, 02:38:54 pm »
Off to trawl ebay for a good looking set of 10spd hollotec cranks... Or I might swap the hope bb for standard SRAM one. Hm...

Interesting write up!

I have a set of 50/34 tiagra 4700 cranks that are unused. If you wanna make me an offer.

J
Postage may be expensive! And not sure I can survive with the Apex ones falling off until I'm next in NL otherwise could have got them to my mate in Bergen, NH.

I don't like the bulkiness of current shimano offerings on thin tubed steel frames, but looks like there may be some nonseries options that suit my aesthetic preference for not too much money.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #27 on: 24 June, 2019, 05:14:28 pm »
Postage may be expensive! And not sure I can survive with the Apex ones falling off until I'm next in NL otherwise could have got them to my mate in Bergen, NH.

I don't like the bulkiness of current shimano offerings on thin tubed steel frames, but looks like there may be some nonseries options that suit my aesthetic preference for not too much money.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Postage should be about €10 with DHL...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #28 on: 24 June, 2019, 05:39:16 pm »
A few photos wot I took in Chatteris, while stampering your brevets — https://www.tomsk.co.uk/fenland-friends-600/2019/photos/
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #29 on: 24 June, 2019, 06:46:33 pm »
Didn't even get to Chatteris. Early on I was working hard to stay on the back of a small group who were tooling along at 15 mph and chatting away like they weren't even trying. Hmm, maybe a sandwich would help. Took my hand away from my mouth and found blood on my fingers and the sandwich from a nose bleed. Yeuch!

Something wasn't right so stopped at Benwick to text Richard that I was packing. The ride back to Sleaford with a light tailwind was a real grunt. Was hoping I could tag onto some of the Fenland Friends groups but they were all too fast for me. And I got a bloody p*nct*re.

Spent the rest of the weekend sleeping and watching cricket at Woodhall Spa which was really fab.
Hear all, see all, say nowt

FifeingEejit

• Not Small

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
« Reply #31 on: 30 July, 2021, 09:25:20 pm »
Entered  :o

Flatlands / Fenland Friends been on my bucket list for a while; it harks back to my first ever 600 which I thought would go from Essex to Lincoln but it just went round and round and round Suffolk*

* which is not flat either!

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #32 on: 30 July, 2021, 10:18:47 pm »
Signed up. Doing the Flatlands in a different order should make it a little more interesting. The hotel in Boston is overpriced but, let’s face it, I am not holidaying OS for a while yet.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...