Author Topic: eBay Global Shipping Programme during COVID-19  (Read 778 times)

eBay Global Shipping Programme during COVID-19
« on: 30 March, 2020, 11:26:20 pm »
Just wondering, before buying, what level of confidence I should have in actually receiving something from the US sent to the UK via eBay's Global Shipping Programme (GSP) during this period of lockdown.

eBay's guidance page states that COVID-19 is having 'minimal impact' on the GSP, but the page doesn't instil confidence that it is up-to-date advice.

I'm fairly keen to procure the item now as it is rare and at a price that is still just about tolerable after the shipping and import charges are added.  However, am less keen on having that money tied up in something that may get held for months somewhere, or is at higher risk of getting lost, due to carriers not carrying or unable to deliver.

So, does anyone have anything to report, good or bad, on recent purchases despatched to the UK from the US via the GSP?

Re: eBay Global Shipping Programme during COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2020, 12:03:18 pm »
However, am less keen on having that money tied up in something that may get held for months somewhere, or is at higher risk of getting lost, due to carriers not carrying or unable to deliver.

I think that would down to the actual carrier, not the Global Shipping Programme itself.

Although I have read that GSP processing centres can be over zealous and confiscate supposedly prohibited items but which are not,  they then keep the items without compensating the seller.