Author Topic: Interesting or unusual planes?  (Read 392280 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Re: Interesting or unusual planes?
« Reply #2250 on: Today at 11:15:19 am »
Yes. There are some grainy phone videos of it somewhere. He barrel-rolled the aircraft on its last flight. I'm not sure who else was in the aircraft, but I suspect Martin Withers was in the right hand seat. Martin was chief pilot at VTTS, and flew the successful Black Buck 1 bombing raid in XM607 along with a mate of mine, Pete Taylor. Martin had been one of mine and Pete's QFIs on 25 Course Basic Flying Training at 1 Sqn, 1 FTS, RAF Linton-on-Ouse in 1977, on the Jet Provost.

« Reply #2251 on: Today at 04:37:23 pm »
IMG_20240512_114253139_HDR by Russell Wiles, on Flickr

My son's Christmas present from his partner was a flight in a Tiger Moth.  When we got there they said that it was u/s but the good news is that they could offer this, which is a 3 seater so someone (me!) could go up as well.  Only 3 remaining out of a conversion run of 19 so quite rare now.

« Reply #2252 on: Today at 05:04:25 pm »
IMG_20240512_114253139_HDR by Russell Wiles, on Flickr

My son's Christmas present from his partner was a flight in a Tiger Moth.  When we got there they said that it was u/s but the good news is that they could offer this, which is a 3 seater so someone (me!) could go up as well.  Only 3 remaining out of a conversion run of 19 so quite rare now.
Nice!  :thumbsup: