Author Topic: Instead of mildenhall camping weekend  (Read 6745 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Instead of mildenhall camping weekend
« Reply #25 on: 19 July, 2019, 04:48:19 pm »
I have ben totally snowed under with family stuff. Then I am going to Scotland. Then the Netherlands. Can't organise anything at the moment. Sorry.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #26 on: 19 July, 2019, 05:27:56 pm »
As is local, I'll go to Mildenhall, and report back.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #27 on: 19 July, 2019, 07:22:32 pm »
That would be much appreciated.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #28 on: 20 July, 2019, 04:51:03 pm »
Is there anything happening with cycleman's suggestion of a meet near Wellsborne? I would have thought this to be a good central location.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #29 on: 20 July, 2019, 08:21:59 pm »
If that's the twitys campsite I am thinking of taking apollo there in early September. If anyone wants to join us there welcome  :)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #30 on: 21 July, 2019, 12:17:44 pm »
If that's the twitys campsite I am thinking of taking apollo there in early September. If anyone wants to join us there welcome  :)

Got my wires crossed I thought you were thinking of the same weekend as Mildenhall.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #31 on: 21 July, 2019, 12:31:38 pm »
In an attempt at cat herding:

1) Cycleman's plan for Wellesbourne on September 7/8th seems like a goer.  I'll start a separate thread and put it in the calendar to avoid further confusion.
2) Something for the Mildenhall weekend sounds like a good idea.
3) Wowbagger is rather bogged down in Real Life™, and is unlikely to be able to organise anything.
4) Canardly's Cock at Broom idea would seem worth re-opening...

« Reply #32 on: 25 July, 2019, 04:53:51 pm »
I think that the Cock for the August bank holiday is  now a no no. Work is starting on 'improving' the east coast main line that week end and the public is being requested via huge press adverts not to travel by rail during the holiday period. This in turn will put huge pressure on the west coast and midland lines. So alternate travel to Bedford, for example, would be highly problematic. Quite how travellers to Stanstead from Brum will get on I do not know. Another time perhaps.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #33 on: 25 July, 2019, 05:03:17 pm »
Me and Dawn have booked a couple of nights in the travelodge at Barton Mills and will visit the rally.
If I finish early enough to have a bit of sleep before we drive over we will ride the 100km audax.
If not we will just ride round Mildenhall and the show.

« Reply #34 on: 26 July, 2019, 09:47:10 pm »
Given empty nest and the missus being somewhat disabled my room for random week ends away is not what it once was. I will have to sit out most of these from now on thinks,  unless they are get homeable at reasonably short notice or other arrangements  have been made. I will however, try to sort something out this winter, assuming there are not riots going on in the streets.

« Reply #35 on: 26 July, 2019, 11:54:14 pm »
I’d be happy to meet up with anyone who fancies getting together at the Cock at Broom at any time, even if it’s just for a pint, camping or not. I’m in Bedford, so it’s a short step for me.

« Reply #36 on: 28 July, 2019, 03:54:14 pm »
I’d be happy to meet up with anyone who fancies getting together at the Cock at Broom at any time, even if it’s just for a pint, camping or not. I’m in Bedford, so it’s a short step for me.

Hmmm....this sounds like an excellent idea!
Reine de la Fauche

« Reply #37 on: 28 July, 2019, 04:28:35 pm »

Hmmm....this sounds like an excellent idea!

I’m away from Tuesday until 13th August but, other than that, I have no current commitments. Let me know when you want to come up. I’m sure there are other yacf locals who might come along.

« Reply #38 on: 06 August, 2019, 08:21:57 pm »
Let me know when Rob and I will see if I can tag along.

« Reply #39 on: 22 August, 2019, 04:10:10 pm »
As is local, I'll go to Mildenhall, and report back.

Sorry, I'm not going to Mildenhall now - have family business in Scotland to attend to.  :(
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...