Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164953 times)

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3700 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:09:19 pm »
Yeah, I know.  But they paid me  ::-)

(which means I'm now a professional penny farthing rider 8))

Be sure it was more than 1.25 old pence they paid you.  Kaboom Tish.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #3701 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:22:15 pm »

Don't you have to make >10% of your income from riding the penny - to be considered pro?  :D

But Jolly well done!  ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3702 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:22:50 pm »
The mother-in-law's gone home  :thumbsup:

Ferry or plane?

We can moon at her if she is on the ferry.  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #3703 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:33:14 pm »
Kewl!  Watcha doin?

It was a publicity stunt for some kind of West End shopping organisation.  The idea was something along the lines of, "during the Royal wedding, the shops on Oxford Street will still be open and all the assistants will be wearing posh hats so come and spend lots of money KTHXBAI."

Yeah, I know.  But they paid me  ::-)

I met your partner in penny-crime, Kat last week when she came to Bristol to ride with the local nutters cyclists!

« Reply #3704 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:43:00 pm »
New laptop!
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3705 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:44:02 pm »
I met your partner in penny-crime, Kat last week when she came to Bristol to ride with the local nutters cyclists!

She mentioned that when I saw her at the weekend - said she'd had a lovely time with you guys  :)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #3706 on: 12 April, 2011, 04:09:50 pm »

Ferry or plane?

Isn't it traditional for her to use her own broomstick?
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #3707 on: 12 April, 2011, 04:16:52 pm »

Ferry or plane or broomstick?

Ftfy

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3708 on: 14 April, 2011, 12:20:52 pm »
I am taking TLD on a bike pootle today!!!!

Well when CL and CCTE turn up that is, the last I heard they were at the LBS getting a rear light fitted :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

sigod

• Commuter Proof
    • Tinyfish
« Reply #3709 on: 14 April, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »
I have a new bike, a Tri-cross 2011 which I'll be picking up from Apex Cycles later today. I am beside myself with glee and excitement. To celebrate this occasion, I will ride to Guildford. Don't try and stop me Copper!  :)

Seriously though, I am very happy (albeit slightly guilty for jumping ship from my old and trusty British Eagle). This is the first new bike I've had for 16 years so I suspect that technology has moved on since the invention of the iron wheels and stone brake pads I'm used to.
Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
 - Mark Twain

« Reply #3710 on: 14 April, 2011, 02:44:41 pm »
I know what you mean, when Kevin sent my new black 26" ICE I was like a kid at Christmas (mind I'm like that as Christmas as well), when it came I just opened the box and sat for a while looking at it, drinking it all in, and yes I still feel a twinge of regret for getting rid of my old trike even though this is just superb so cheers oh "Oracle".
          Hope you enjoy your Tri-cross as much as I am enjoying my trike
                                           ;D

I have a new bike, a Tri-cross 2011 which I'll be picking up from Apex Cycles later today. I am beside myself with glee and excitement. To celebrate this occasion, I will ride to Guildford. Don't try and stop me Copper!  :)

Seriously though, I am very happy (albeit slightly guilty for jumping ship from my old and trusty British Eagle). This is the first new bike I've had for 16 years so I suspect that technology has moved on since the invention of the iron wheels and stone brake pads I'm used to.
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3711 on: 14 April, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »
I've just had a call from the good doctors at the motorbike hostiple.  Bertha's out of surgery and has a new MOT.  They're discharging her into my care tomorrow lunchtime.

A summer of silly motorbike adventures beckons!

:D

Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #3712 on: 14 April, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »

Ferry or plane?

;D

Flybe broomstick

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3713 on: 14 April, 2011, 05:09:34 pm »
I once offered my Mil a broomstick for her birthday but she left without it.
True fact.

She's never liked me
True fact

:demon:

sigod

• Commuter Proof
    • Tinyfish
« Reply #3714 on: 14 April, 2011, 06:47:53 pm »
I know what you mean, when Kevin sent my new black 26" ICE I was like a kid at Christmas (mind I'm like that as Christmas as well), when it came I just opened the box and sat for a while looking at it, drinking it all in, and yes I still feel a twinge of regret for getting rid of my old trike even though this is just superb so cheers oh "Oracle".
                                           ;D

Many thanks Quint. Nice to see we have both been bitten by the glee beagle.
Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
 - Mark Twain

« Reply #3715 on: 14 April, 2011, 08:07:25 pm »
Absolutely  ;D

;D

Many thanks Quint. Nice to see we have both been bitten by the glee beagle.
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3716 on: 14 April, 2011, 11:12:03 pm »
I've just had a call from the good doctors at the motorbike hostiple.  Bertha's out of surgery and has a new MOT.  They're discharging her into my care tomorrow lunchtime.

A summer of silly motorbike adventures beckons!

:D

I hope the surgery wasn't too extensive, and that your wallet recovers soon from its radical cashectomy.
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3717 on: 15 April, 2011, 10:09:27 am »
It's POETS day for the second consecutive Friday :thumbsup:

The joy of self employment :)
The curse of recession :(

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3718 on: 15 April, 2011, 10:14:55 am »
It's POE(to Blackpool!)TS day for the second consecutive Friday :thumbsup:

The joy of self employment :)
The curse of recession :(

Freedom and flexibility -  :thumbsup:
Finance -  ::-)

Looking forward to seeing you and your girl later.  Did you check the CC thread?  Your GD is famous:)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3719 on: 15 April, 2011, 10:16:54 am »
I'll have a butcher's at the CC thread now then

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3720 on: 15 April, 2011, 10:37:14 am »

Looking forward to seeing you and your girl later.  Did you check the CC thread?  Your GD is famous:)

It is known that my  cycling gd shares centre-of the-universe- status with my other fashion queen gd but I see nothing about her in CC thread

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3721 on: 15 April, 2011, 04:05:51 pm »
I'm home, I has had some sleep, massive beardies cuddles from Mojo, a cheese & jam sandwich and now I has a Pippin-lap.
The cats seem pleased to see me & I might even get some proper beer tonight :P
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3722 on: 15 April, 2011, 04:08:48 pm »
Oh, and we are going to see Mark Thomas tonight :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3723 on: 15 April, 2011, 06:19:29 pm »
I have just had an email to tell me that an extraordinary amount [1]of the worlds finest BBQ sauce (tm) [2]is winging it's way to me....

[1] 1 Gallon
[2] Cattlemen's Original, nomnomnomnommy
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3724 on: 15 April, 2011, 06:49:37 pm »
I've had my faith in humanity restored, or at least that bit of humanity that stuffs things through my letterbox on occasion.

Like a complete cabbage, I left my keys in the front door this morning and only realised 8 hours later when I was about to leave work. Got home to find a note from the postie saying that words to the effect of "you're a complete cabbage, you left your keys in the door and I've dropped them off at No.70" - that's definitely a couple of bottles of the foaming ale I owe him.

Even better, I'm now on holiday until May 3rd.