Author Topic: Getting POI from Basecamp in to RWGPS?  (Read 1484 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Getting POI from Basecamp in to RWGPS?
« on: 17 September, 2020, 04:31:49 pm »
I was sure I read (perhaps on here) a way of exporting POI from Basecamp and uploading in to RWGPS (in fact I am sure I did this with our MEMWNS pub locations once...)

Anyway - I can't seem to remember how - I've tried export from basecamp in both GPX & TCX but no POI uploaded to RWGPS.... any hints please??
Regards,

Joergen

Re: Getting POI from Basecamp in to RWGPS?
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2020, 04:40:59 pm »
First you need a paid account. RWGPS strips anything but tracks if you don’t pay for it.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2020, 04:58:03 pm »
Yep - got a paid account.

I have offered to put some poi on a RWGPS map for someone, they have provided me a google map.
I have exported that to a KML, this won't upload to RWGPS though.
The exported KML will load in to Basecamp

I am sure I have exported from Basecamp and uploaded to RWGPS in the past a set of POI, but I am unable to get it to do it (or remember!)

I've tried GPX, TCX, KML and also creating a route and hoping the POI would be attached to that (they were not)

Still wondering if I dreamed this!

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #3 on: 17 September, 2020, 05:03:56 pm »
POI are equivalent of waypoints aren’t they? Are you exporting waypoints? Just look in exported GPX for <wpt> tags

I don’t have paid account so can’t test for you.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #4 on: 17 September, 2020, 05:09:27 pm »
News back from RWGPS support - they disabled the ability to upload POI - still at least their support response time was only a couple of minutes!

Unfortunately we disabled POI import a ways back. Lots of software produce malformed files by exporting a recorded ride with 5000 points as 5000 individual POI. Haven't ever gotten around to making a dedicated POI import tool due to low usage. Sorry for hassle!
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #5 on: 17 September, 2020, 05:17:35 pm »
RWGPS now think should work so I've dropped them the details on an email...

Regards,

Joergen