Author Topic: Nectar vouchers used on Ebay and susequently returned goods refund  (Read 804 times)

We used some of our Nectar points to buy a voucher for our Ebay account.  This appeared as a credit on that account.  We used most of the value to buy and item which we had to return as it was not suitable (poor buying decision on our part) and the sellar agreed to this.  Return postage at our cost.

The remainder of this voucher I used to pay for part of an smaller item.

We have not yet received the refund into our Ebay account and I cannot see any mention on the internet of vouchers and refunds.  Only what Ebay call coupons which are one use only.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Re: Nectar vouchers used on Ebay and susequently returned goods refund
« Reply #1 on: 13 May, 2021, 06:34:35 pm »
I found this page - not sure if it's the same scheme? https://pages.ebay.co.uk/nectar-rewards/programme.html

On refunds, it says:

2.2 Refunds:
If you return a purchase for a full refund, we will re-issue the voucher(s) which has been used for this purchase;
The voucher expiry date will be extended by 30 days if the original voucher expiration date is less than 30 days from the date the return is processed. Otherwise, the expiry date will be the same date that was displayed on the original voucher(s);
In the case of a partial refund, voucher(s) cannot be re-issued and points will not be returned.

Seems to suggest that partial refunds aren't a thing, though I could be reading it wrong. :-\

Re: Nectar vouchers used on Ebay and susequently returned goods refund
« Reply #2 on: 13 May, 2021, 07:08:09 pm »
Brill, thanks for that.  I couldn't find any mention of Nectar on the Ebay help pages.

Not good news though.

Re-reading it though it seems to refer to a partial refund of the product not of the voucher.

We'll see.