Author Topic: I could have commuted in today but...  (Read 98691 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: I could have commuted in today but...
« Reply #275 on: 23 January, 2012, 11:19:58 am »
Had to ring in sick.  My commute is an hour, and I haven't spent that long away from the toilet all morning :( </overshare>
Getting there...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #276 on: 23 January, 2012, 11:20:11 am »
I tend to stop my coffee intake by lunch time, and only very rarely ever have any on a weekday evening.  I think my problem may be more complicated than caffeine - work stress. 
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #277 on: 23 January, 2012, 11:22:27 am »
I know where you're coming from.  I've cut down caffeine massively, and have finally got blood back into my coffeestream, now that I'm off the black nectar and only drink tea, and try to drink decaff in the afternoons.  I used coffee to deal with work stress, but you can't win in that war.  It's with less caffeine that I am making my (limited) progress. :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #278 on: 23 January, 2012, 11:27:41 am »
Ah, that work stress is a bit more complicated.  :-\ I hope it gets better soon. The reason I stopped the caffeine was because I was also using it for work stress in my last job, and I came to realise that by 5pm I practically needed scraping off the ceiling, I was so jittery.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #279 on: 23 January, 2012, 11:45:21 am »
GWS, clarion.

Guess I've missed my chance to squeeze in a quick 300km today in a vain attempt to catch up with on on mycyclinglog. ;)

« Reply #280 on: 23 January, 2012, 07:05:37 pm »
But I was on a rest day so there was no point.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #281 on: 25 January, 2012, 09:18:14 am »
I'm working from home today.  So I went out on a little pootle to keep the legs nimble.  Forty-seven km later back home and logged in to our systems for 09:00.  Wish I could do this more often.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #282 on: 25 January, 2012, 10:52:47 am »
Good work, mate!  Sometimes it's hard to motivate oneself to get out early and get the miles in unless there's a group to ride with or work to get to.  I shall have to watch out for you on the logging websites.
Getting there...

« Reply #283 on: 25 January, 2012, 10:56:28 am »
...but I've got a friend's birthday party tonight and I seem to have lost my appetite for riding home pissed. 

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #284 on: 25 January, 2012, 11:23:38 am »
...but I've got a friend's birthday party tonight and I seem to have lost my appetite for riding home pissed.

Try a BorisBike for some of the journey.  They're quire stable a quiet entertaining when you've had a few. (DAHIKT)

« Reply #285 on: 25 January, 2012, 11:30:00 am »
I might wait for the latest round of facial injuries to heal completely first :-X

« Reply #286 on: 25 January, 2012, 08:09:14 pm »
I might wait for the latest round of facial injuries to heal completely first :-X

One might say that there's a pattern developing here......

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #287 on: 31 January, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »
I wasn't feeling well so didn't go to work today.  What really hurts is that I'm around 20km shy of 800km for this month - would have easily cycled that far today if I was well.  OTOH, if I hadn't had so many late mornings resulting in suing my short route I would have hit 800 some time last week.

Back on the bike tomorrow, I hope!

corshamjim

« Reply #288 on: 31 January, 2012, 06:35:32 pm »
Yes I've had a rotten cold too and unusually for me let Claire persuade me to get a lift in to work and back.  Somehow I think I won't be cycling in again until next week - at least that will give me the opportunity to fix the slow puncture on the Winter bike though.

I've taken a fair bit of flak from the other cyclists at work.  They're convinced we've won the lottery and I have a new car and chauffeur but not told them about it (I run the syndicate).

« Reply #289 on: 31 January, 2012, 08:16:49 pm »
I drove in as today was a wightlifting day. But then had a headache and was far too cold so didn't make it to the gym anyway. Ho hum.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #290 on: 01 February, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »
On nights , knackered, cold  and a month old baby means i get no rest ...ooh and the rear brake needs recabling as it freezes solid so i cant brake with it when its sub zero .

So tonight i will be using the car  ::-)

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #291 on: 03 February, 2012, 07:07:20 am »
The lure of fruit loaf toasted and a frothey coffee at home before getting in a Volvo with heated seats did for me again...............second turbo of the week tonight then..........probably

corshamjim

« Reply #292 on: 03 February, 2012, 07:44:55 am »
I might as well complete a weeks break from cycling while I get rid of this cold.

It's minus -8.1 degrees outside this morning so I didn't need much persuading.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #293 on: 03 February, 2012, 12:04:15 pm »
Bedridden Monday to Wednesday with flu. Back to work yesterday, so rode the three miles to the station in the morning - into an arctic headwind. Very hard work & slow going. Also noticed that my Brommie's bottom bracket is undoing itself again - by the time I was riding to the station in the evening for the train home, it was fouling the crank. Grrr! Got the bus home from the station. Didn't have the strength (mental or physical) to fix it when I got home last night, and in any case was feeling a bit feeble this morning after yesterday's exertions, so had to resort to my least favourite option - I drove to the station this morning. The shame!

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #294 on: 03 February, 2012, 01:24:28 pm »
I’m babysitting in a hilly London suburb this evening straight after work and a) I really couldn’t be bothered to go out in the freezing cold to fiddle with the umpteen padlocks/chain on the bike bunker to get the bike with gears out (I am NOT taking the heavy Dutch bike, currently blocking the hallway, up any hills) and b) I’ll be coming home quite late, when it will be extra cold, and I don’t want to be looking out for ice when I’m already tired…

(I know it hasn’t rained, but some people like chucking water over their car windscreens in this weather, making ice anyway)

« Reply #295 on: 03 February, 2012, 01:36:56 pm »
I don't have the balance, co-ordination (dyspraxia) or confidence to cycle in this.   :-\

Car til it thaws a bit or I get bored...lol

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #296 on: 03 February, 2012, 05:38:43 pm »
The lure of fruit loaf toasted and a frothey coffee at home before getting in a Volvo with heated seats did for me again...............second turbo of the week tonight then..........probably

I did turbo for 55 mins unders and overs,  :sick: conscience clear  O:-)

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #297 on: 03 February, 2012, 06:29:07 pm »
I've been lurgied, stinking cold, throat like a turkey's bum in a blizzard.

At least I walked the three mile round trip, which is better than nowt I suppose.

I did enjoy listening to Crosby, Stills Nash & Young on the ipod.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #298 on: 06 February, 2012, 06:58:28 am »
SNO everywhere.  Windcheetah is a rusted lump in the garage, and there'd be so much slushy spray at face-level that riding it wouldn't be pleasant.

So it's on with the snow-boots, and dust off the local bus equivalent of the Blue Mollusc.  (Actually a "Mango" card.  Not an obvious culinary combination.)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #299 on: 06 February, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »
I walked, and it was hard work. Hopefully in a couple of days the snow will be gone and cycling resume.