Author Topic: Signs of The End Times  (Read 6343 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Signs of The End Times
« on: 12 March, 2020, 07:41:13 pm »
What have you seen/heard recently that really worries you?

I fear for the end of Western Civilisation since this morning, when N told me that her colleagues are no longer making tea/coffee for each-other.[perhaps I should have been clearer- this is to minimise covid19 transmission!]

Any others?  :-\
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: Signs of The End Times
« Reply #1 on: 12 March, 2020, 10:25:41 pm »
My S-in-L and I nearly had an agreement on matters political this morning!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2 on: 13 March, 2020, 07:50:28 am »
BoJo the Clown gave a press conference without using a single gratuitous and pointless latin tag and without cracking a laboured public school(boy) joke.

I have a rotten cold and I have just used the last tissue in the box.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

ian

« Reply #3 on: 13 March, 2020, 09:24:27 am »
I think the Boris thing seals it. For the first time ever (and possibly the last) I managed to bear more than 10 seconds without yelling on 'shut up, you stupid knobgoblin' at the TV.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4 on: 13 March, 2020, 09:54:19 am »
he looked particuarly haggard and truly dishevelled rather than put on. I womder if he's regretting his move from journalism where he can say whatever he likes with no consequences.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ElyDave

« Reply #5 on: 13 March, 2020, 03:10:30 pm »
"Belgium is the latest country to impose a blanket ban on restaurants, cafes and nightclubs, although chip shops will be allowed to remain open."
From the Beeb

When Belgium stops access to moules-frites we're doomed

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #6 on: 13 March, 2020, 07:19:39 pm »
"Belgium is the latest country to impose a blanket ban on restaurants, cafes and nightclubs, although chip shops will be allowed to remain open."
From the Beeb

When Belgium stops access to moules-frites we're doomed

Thanks Dave - you've provided a ray of sunshine in the Stygian gloom. :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

ian

« Reply #7 on: 13 March, 2020, 08:16:36 pm »
I'm down to my last 327 bottles of gin.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #8 on: 13 March, 2020, 11:19:54 pm »
I'm on my way to yours.

I know I'll recognise it from the bears and the road that you cannot turn round in.

I reckon, between three of us, this gin bottles would last until until 31st May.
It is simpler than it looks.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9 on: 14 March, 2020, 12:41:18 am »

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #10 on: 14 March, 2020, 01:08:23 am »
I'm down to my last 327 bottles of gin.
I'm on my way to yours.

I know I'll recognise it from the bears and the road that you cannot turn round in.

I reckon, between three of us, this gin bottles would last until until 31st May.

Do you run an offie?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #11 on: 14 March, 2020, 01:26:56 pm »
Speaking of bears: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51836206
The most notable thing about that’s report is that a sub editor decided that they need to explain what hibernation is.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Davef

« Reply #12 on: 14 March, 2020, 01:38:22 pm »
The most notable thing about that’s report is that a sub editor decided that they need to explain what hibernation is.
Isn’t newsbeat aimed at school kids?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #13 on: 14 March, 2020, 01:56:28 pm »

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy they first make mad dumber than a bag of hammers.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #14 on: 15 March, 2020, 08:09:36 am »
The Ocado website has crashed. This must be the final straw!

ElyDave

« Reply #15 on: 15 March, 2020, 09:03:04 am »
and they only had the reduced sugar ribena this morning.  The delivery chap had to keep that bag on the doorstep to remove the substituted items. Apparently my doormat might have the ability to infect him through the carrier bag :facepalm:

They are also not taking carrier bags back for recycling, where will it all end?

« Reply #16 on: 15 March, 2020, 11:57:58 am »
ONLY REDUCED SUGAR RIBENA!!!!

The end is truly nigh,  The asteroid will arrive any day now.

« Reply #17 on: 15 March, 2020, 12:16:52 pm »

They are also not taking carrier bags back for recycling, where will it all end?

A good excuse for them to stop the (uneconomic) recycling. Perhaps it’ll drive a change to home deliveries being packed in paper sacks, or indeed nothing at all.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #18 on: 15 March, 2020, 12:47:22 pm »

A good excuse for them to stop the (uneconomic) recycling. Perhaps it’ll drive a change to home deliveries being packed in paper sacks, or indeed nothing at all.

Fairly shit for the disabled people who can't pick shopping up off their doorstep, who previously had it unpacked by the delivery driver, thobut.  Apparently some are even refusing to supply carrier bags as a compromise.

« Reply #19 on: 15 March, 2020, 01:03:45 pm »
It's a lovely & peaceful time to visit Venice... https://twitter.com/rorybremner/status/1239165781126062080?s=20       Needs Mahler 5 as the soundtrack though.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyflXLYlNRE
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: 15 March, 2020, 01:06:21 pm »

Fairly shit for the disabled people who can't pick shopping up off their doorstep, who previously had it unpacked by the delivery driver, thobut.  Apparently some are even refusing to supply carrier bags as a compromise.

On that front I was wondering if Sainsbo's were going to stop the bagless deliveries on the basis that you have to pick up their boxes and cart them into your home to empty them out.

But yes, I don't see why we can't do paper bags.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21 on: 15 March, 2020, 01:48:59 pm »

On that front I was wondering if Sainsbo's were going to stop the bagless deliveries on the basis that you have to pick up their boxes and cart them into your home to empty them out.

Won't anyone think of the common cormorant or shag?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22 on: 15 March, 2020, 01:52:19 pm »

Won't anyone think of the common cormorant or shag?

Crumbs.

« Reply #23 on: 15 March, 2020, 01:56:15 pm »
Beaten to it!

Was just going to say, "Crumbs, that goes nicely with your avatar!"

Aaaa- tisherwood!!  Off to wash my hands.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #24 on: 15 March, 2020, 02:12:14 pm »
A herd of wandering Larringtons?  :o