Author Topic: Blyss door bell - instructions wanted!  (Read 2168 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Blyss door bell - instructions wanted!
« on: 16 May, 2020, 02:54:39 pm »
We've just moved house and have a Blyss (B&Q or Screwfix) door bell - a battery bell push on the door-frame, a unit plugged into the mains and a second sounder with batteries.  It works fine but has a dreadful chime - we have no instructions nor can I find any online* (waste of tim asking B&Q) to try and change the sound.

Can anyone help please?

* several of the "manuals for everything" sites purport to have them but they all need a sign-up and credit card .... and they look a bit scam-like to me .... I get enough dross by email without more!

Thanks

Rob

Re: Blyss door bell - instructions wanted!
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2020, 03:15:05 pm »
Look for a button on the chime units, if present press to cycle though the different tunes.

« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2020, 03:46:56 pm »
We bought one this morning. On ours there are two buttons on the right hand side of the sounder unit. The lower one is a slider for the volume (3 settings), the upper one is the one orienteer mentioned.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2020, 04:57:32 pm »
The thing is a Blyss DC5-UK-WH  - that seems to list a number of different items from Mr Google . . .

On a closer look there is a small button on the top that has a +/- to adjust the volume - no other buttons . . . but it does have a USB port for charging a phone etc!

Perhaps it's a "one chime wonder" model?    Reviews on the B&Q site are pretty scathing

Rob