General Category > Further and Faster

Zwifting - I think I need help!

(1/143) > >>

gibbo:
I recently bought a Wahoo KickR core, a direct drive smart trainer (for those that aren't familiar with such things), and also subscribed to Zwift. I've done a few meet ups with friends and then signed up for one of the training programs and now I'm hooked to the point where I've occasionally put off actual road riding in favour of sweating it out in my garage. I've got another five and half weeks left of this program, having already completed 7.5.

WTF is wrong with me? I know it's wrong but I can't help it!

I'm now managing my road rides around the training program and tonight, for example, the weather doesn't look great and I'm thinking excellent I can stay in and beast myself on the KickR.

On the positive side I'm riding more miles in a week than I would have done and the intensity/ frequency of the workouts mean I've lost almost a stone in about 6 weeks.

Anyone else hooked on Zwift?

fd3:
Neither my phone nor my turbo is smart.

hulver:
I've not used zwift yet, but I'm addicted to "The Sufferfest" training programs. Actually being able to see yourself get fitter is a big incentive.

I've only been out on the road twice since the lockdown started, but I've racked up on average 14 hours and 320km a month on the turbo since then. I was pretty unfit when I started doing this, sometimes not even being able to finish a session. Now I often queue up an extra short session after the main one, and an hour on the turbo just flies past.

I've also lost 2.5kg since then as well. Having power output, and having it adjust automatically is incredible. It really adds variety, and it's a great workout. So far different from just plugging away at tempo for an hour while trying to watch a film or something.

I might give zwift a try in a few weeks when I've finished this training course.

chrisbainbridge:
Trainerroad for me on a Tacx neo smart trainer.  I commute to work by bike (about 50 min each way) 2-3 times a week and enjoy them as a ride rather than hard work but my times are still coming down.

DuncanM:
I spent about 2 and half years riding indoors on Trainer Road. By the end, if I had a workout, I would rather do it indoors. No riding at all for me at the moment though, injured. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version