General Category > Racing

Ruska 2021

(1/7) > >>

quixoticgeek:

With the TCR pushed back to 2022, I find myself with a big gap in my diary, and a massive desire to ride my bike a very long way.

I'm thinking of entering Ruska in Finland in September.

Anyone else thinking of entering? Anyone riden Ruska before? Does anyone have any advice on riding in Finland?

Thanks

J

Cudzoziemiec:
I have a feeling Salvatore has ridden it or at least knows things about it.

Frank9755:
What I have heard about this year's version is that it goes into Russia, which is complicated for some nationalities inluding UK.

quixoticgeek:

--- Quote from: Frank9755 on 27 May, 2021, 08:30:30 pm ---What I have heard about this year's version is that it goes into Russia, which is complicated for some nationalities inluding UK.

--- End quote ---

https://twitter.com/RandonneursFi/status/1397609951737094145

Nope. In light of the inability to go to Russia, they have changed the route to be wholly in Finland. The new route is being announced on twitter over the next week or so via the Ruska Quiz.

J

Salvatore:

--- Quote from: Cudzoziemiec on 27 May, 2021, 07:49:06 pm ---I have a feeling Salvatore has ridden it or at least knows things about it.

--- End quote ---

I've never ridden ruska, but I've ridden a lot in Finland (twice N->S and once E->W . Lots of empty roads, lots of trees, plenty of reindeer, not many towns or shops especially in the far north. A good sit-down meal is often available at petrol stations.

I've only been there in midsummer rather than round the equinox when ruska takes place, so nightfall in Finland is outside my experience. I suspect that insects would be less active.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version