Author Topic: Pedal grumble: Speedplay Frogs  (Read 2705 times)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Pedal grumble: Speedplay Frogs
« on: 11 December, 2020, 08:21:12 am »
They’ve only gone and stopped making them. My Speedplay Frog pedals have lived on my tourer, mostly, but moved on to my road bike when I wanted to wear walkable shoes. It’s so annoying. And they’re such brilliant pedals!
Milk please, no sugar.

rob

Re: Pedal grumble: Speedplay Frogs
« Reply #1 on: 11 December, 2020, 09:12:16 am »
They’ve only gone and stopped making them. My Speedplay Frog pedals have lived on my tourer, mostly, but moved on to my road bike when I wanted to wear walkable shoes. It’s so annoying. And they’re such brilliant pedals!

Yeah I found that out in the Summer.   Managed to procure a couple of pairs via the wanted section on here.   Probably worth a go.

« Reply #2 on: 15 December, 2020, 12:46:58 am »
folk who use this setup and like it have been merrily hoarding spares, having heard that they are to finish. I'm not a user myself, and I don't know if they are to discontinue manufacture of spare parts or not.

It seems to me that the main attraction of frogs (and ATAC come to that) is the freedom and extent of the float.  It happens that simply by taking a grinder to a set of (cheap) cleats, both can be dramatically increased with an SPD setup.  Needless to say if this works for you then life becomes much easier.

cheers

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #3 on: 15 July, 2021, 02:57:40 pm »
It rather looks as though Wahoo are now distributing Frogs and Zeros. Which is good!
Milk please, no sugar.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #4 on: 15 July, 2021, 03:08:05 pm »
I thought Wahoo were reissuing Zeros but not Frogs.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...