Hang 'Em High

The Blair Witch Project

Brokebottombracket Mountain

Three Coins in the Fountain

"You know me, I'll do anyone a favour… if the money’s right."

On the Beach

Once Upon a Time in America East Sussex

rogerzilla:
Unlucky.  Is that the one you had built up as a singlespeed?  I think I saw it on a Dun Run one year.

No warranty joy?

LittleWheelsandBig:
https://youtu.be/u91WGac2mbI

sam:

--- Quote from: rogerzilla on 14 December, 2021, 09:19:45 pm ---Is that the one you had built up as a singlespeed?
--- End quote ---

Yes. The late Mark Reilly

took my order.

--- Quote ---I think I saw it on a Dun Run one year.
--- End quote ---

If so, well spotted.

I told my Enigma tale of woe in the medium of meme

and here.

--- Quote ---No warranty joy?
--- End quote ---

No. We had discussions which didn't go anywhere.

It was sold under their original warranty for, as they put it at the time, "the lifetime of the frame". You can probably spot the problem there.

--- Quote from: LittleWheelsandBig on 14 December, 2021, 09:28:17 pm ---[Bugger]
--- End quote ---

https://youtu.be/-fGHuwWMZ1w

They later switched to their current 10 year warranty on titanium. They made me an offer I couldn't accept, especially after three frame failures, the first at only 5 years.

Fortunately I'm not bereft of titanium,

but I did love that bike. Whatever love means.

rogerzilla:
I was recently educated on how hard it is to TIG weld titanium without embrittling the weld.  It is a lot more difficult than TIG welding steel and needs far more gas shielding.  The defence industry, with an almost unlimited budget, can manage it.  Small bike manufacturers?  Hmm.

They are probably gambling on most expensive bikes being bought by people who sell them on after a few years and/or don't rack up huge mileages.  Sam is on the tail of the bell curve that gives the manufacturers worries, as are audaxers who buy Ti bikes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version