Author Topic: Help with cooking  (Read 952 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Help with cooking
« on: 22 October, 2009, 04:17:35 pm »
I'm making a huge vat of Dhal and a metric shitload of onion bharjis for a dinner with friends tonight. Do I make the dhal as I like it, ie thick, spicy, savoury and hot, or as most people like it? Ie restaurant stylee?

How hot shall I make it? I'm tempted to chuck in a couple of torn nagas into the base for flavour and a handful of toasted green chillis for that smoky yet clean after taste zing. But I dunno how many people like hot :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Re: Help with cooking
« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2009, 04:20:48 pm »
Thick spicy savoury and hot sounds good to me.  Maybe just ease off a wee bit on the hot to compensate for those who don't like things too hot?

:thumbsup:

And I'm gonna have to have a curry for tea now!  :-X ;D

« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2009, 04:23:12 pm »
Why not make two lots at the same time? One fairly mild and the other blow your bollocks off! I've done that before when cooking for quite a few people whos tastes I had no idea about.
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3 on: 22 October, 2009, 04:31:34 pm »
Cos all my pots are indenticle. I wouldn't wanna give the hot one to someone who's allergic to chilli lol.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #4 on: 22 October, 2009, 06:01:28 pm »
But you do have taste buds right? Which you can make use of before serving up!  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5 on: 22 October, 2009, 06:07:16 pm »
Make it like you usually make it and serve it with lots and lots and lots of yoghurt for those wussses who need it.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ludwig

• never eat a cyclists gloves
    • grown in wales
« Reply #6 on: 24 October, 2009, 08:24:13 am »
I think it's important to think of the people that you are going to serve it to. You can always make it how you like it tommorow night. Or of course make it both ways.