Author Topic: Torq energy drink  (Read 1475 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Torq energy drink
« on: 18 July, 2008, 11:59:41 pm »
TORQ LTD, Any online problems?  Please phone...

Just got a pot of the neutral tasting one of this, there is a little taste but nothing as near as other "horrid" tasting energy drinks. I haven't tried this while out riding so I can't say if it works.

They say as for the taste I can add a wee bit of juice into it, and as it is not tasting that bad, I think that would work.

Anyone tried this stuff out ?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Maladict

Re: Torq energy drink
« Reply #1 on: 19 July, 2008, 12:08:09 am »
Yep.  jwo recommended it to me, and I got on ok with it.

I found it worked well when mixed with apple juice (e.g. copella) - 50% water 50% apple juice on top of the plain torq.  I used that combination alot on my first successful 600k audax.

I bought it because of trying to avoid artificial sweeteners that are in many drinks.  There are others nowadays that lack such things though - such as Hi 5, which I can buy locally.

« Reply #2 on: 19 July, 2008, 12:10:15 am »
I use it, Woolly. It's very good and just as described: zero flavour or colour, just long chain carbs.

I add a nuun or a zyme to it for the electrolytes (and incidentally a bit of flavour) or you can just add Ribena or lime cordial or summat.

Good stuff - much better than the overly flavoured chemically alternatives, and you can control the concentration, strength of the flavour, electrolyte content etc.

Takes a little time to dissolve and can be very sticky if you have a bottle that leaks. Or a mouth that leaks  :P but other than that I give it 10/10.

I've tried both the organic and the non-organic version of the Torq energy and there is no detectable difference.

I also use the Torq gels. And the Torq bars.  ;D

But I do not work for Torq and buy these with my very own money.

« Reply #3 on: 19 July, 2008, 12:22:52 am »
Not tried the drinks but the bars are very good. Pineapple & Ginger. Yum!
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #4 on: 19 July, 2008, 11:02:09 am »
I'll be trying out the Torq stuff on a 50 mile TT tomorrow. Although I didn't do it in my dry run last week I might add some juice to it for that.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: 19 July, 2008, 12:24:28 pm »
I highly recommend the Forest Fruits (with guarana) gels. Tasty (no artificial flavours) and don't make me as nauseous as some gels can.

And 198% of your recommended daily intake of caffeine. Per gel :thumbsup:

(And +1 for the pineapple and ginger bars. Yum indeed.)