Author Topic: Little Eye On The Provinces  (Read 387477 times)

Re: Little Eye On The Provinces
« Reply #3400 on: 18 May, 2024, 12:07:57 pm »
I think that this fits here;

there's a new stationer in Brighton with a range of pens apparently chosen by its "creative curators".

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3401 on: Yesterday at 09:14:08 am »
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3402 on: Yesterday at 12:12:56 pm »
Car parked on road in Swindon.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/24325971.abandoned-car-can-stay-swindon-street-dvla-rules/

Local Karen is not happy.
The copy refers to the car as a Ford Zetec.
My understanding is that Zetec is a type of Ford engine.
No?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3403 on: Yesterday at 12:17:28 pm »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/24325971.abandoned-car-can-stay-swindon-street-dvla-rules/

No?

It may have scope-creeped to become a model in its own right?  Like C-Max did?

(Ob-rant about automobile molishers writing things on their cars that aren't the model name, so that when you try to report them for a parking offence, the DVLA database says no.  We had that with a Mitsubishi Barbarian, which I've since learned is actually a Mitsubishi L200.  You shouldn't have to be a petrilhead to complain about someone blocking a dropped kerb.)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #3404 on: Yesterday at 12:31:19 pm »
Me thinks Karen and her neighbours shouldn't be driving if they can't park their vehicles on their drives around the abandoned car, there's clearly loads of space and it's not blocking the dropped kerb on either side. They sound like the sort of people who need a huge space and whine a lot.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3405 on: Yesterday at 12:58:54 pm »
The daughter needs to learn how to drive properly too.
It is simpler than it looks.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3406 on: Yesterday at 01:01:10 pm »

No?

It may have scope-creeped to become a model in its own right?  Like C-Max did?

(Ob-rant about automobile molishers writing things on their cars that aren't the model name, so that when you try to report them for a parking offence, the DVLA database says no.  We had that with a Mitsubishi Barbarian, which I've since learned is actually a Mitsubishi L200.  You shouldn't have to be a petrilhead to complain about someone blocking a dropped kerb.)

It is both the name of the engine and a suffix used on the name of the models (e.g. a Ford Fiesta Zetec).
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3407 on: Yesterday at 02:13:54 pm »
As opposed to the later Duratec, which is a rebadged Mazda MZR engine, Ford once having had a large stake in Mazda.  Ford kept using it after Mazda moved onto more modern engines.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3408 on: Yesterday at 06:33:49 pm »
Me thinks Karen and her neighbours shouldn't be driving if they can't park their vehicles on their drives around the abandoned car, there's clearly loads of space and it's not blocking the dropped kerb on either side. They sound like the sort of people who need a huge space and whine a lot.

And they complain that they have to back the car into the driveway, which you should really do anyway so you aren't backing out onto the road.