Author Topic: Bodges seen today...  (Read 7455 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Bodges seen today...
« on: 26 June, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »
This seemed like an appropriate place to post about this.  We could probably do with a thread for collecting noteworthy bodges we've come across, anyway.

Parked against some railings not far from a certain pub (in the pissing rain, so I didn't stop for a photo) I came across a nonspecific low-end bike, with an ingenious luggage carrying solution:  The owner had attached (using wire of some kind, I think - hard to see through wet glasses) a rail of coat hooks on the user-facing side of the flat handlebars.  The idea, presumably, being to allow up to four independent carrier bags to be dangled from them at once, without causing undue wear on the grips.  Genius!

Re: Bodges seen today...
« Reply #1 on: 27 June, 2016, 10:53:49 am »
Fine in a straight line!  Perhaps the rider is simply trasferring coathooks to new flat?!

Re: Bodges seen today...
« Reply #2 on: 29 June, 2016, 09:10:14 am »
Or as long as they are equally balance on bars; saw a chap yesterday trying to ride carrying a 5l paint can on one side of bars, crab wise progress wobbling sideways best described it  :facepalm:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above