Author Topic: Sci fi fancy dress ideas  (Read 12859 times)

Re: Sci fi fancy dress ideas
« Reply #50 on: 12 January, 2012, 04:08:42 pm »
Buffy's hardly Sci Fi, though is it?

I mean, you'd have to start thinking about the vampire population of Sunnydale, the rate of slaying and how often they need to feed and so on.  The numbers simply don't add up, even if you assume Sunnydale is endothermic.  Or something...

I refer you to the following thread: http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17925.msg320885#msg320885
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #51 on: 12 January, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »

I mean, you'd have to start thinking about the vampire population of Sunnydale, the rate of slaying and how often they need to feed and so on.  The numbers simply don't add up, ...
Now; I'm aware of a whole sub-verse of SF categorisations out there, but it's a subject I bored of very quickly. Whatever; if you have criteria for "Sci Fi" that include The Numbers Must Add Up, I reckon you're going to struggle with Dr Who, Star Trek, and er ... 90% of the characters suggested so far!  :hand:

given the vast quantity of Vampire-fiction taking over our screens/Kindles now, I propose that Buffy would be lumped in with them by most consumers, rather than as "SF" - but when it was written, I bet it was discussed in most of the same magazines as Star Trek et al.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #52 on: 12 January, 2012, 08:50:40 pm »

I mean, you'd have to start thinking about the vampire population of Sunnydale, the rate of slaying and how often they need to feed and so on.  The numbers simply don't add up, even if you assume Sunnydale is endothermic.  Or something...

I refer you to the following thread: http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17925.msg320885#msg320885

Small, but perfectly formed  ;)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #53 on: 12 January, 2012, 08:55:42 pm »
Zardoz FTW, if you're a hairy bloke.

If you're a gurl and you can carry it off, Barbarella.

Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #54 on: 12 January, 2012, 09:50:58 pm »
pass the eyeball bleach!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #55 on: 12 January, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »
Zed for prez!

:-\

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #56 on: 13 January, 2012, 02:28:30 am »
Cute dress and an innocent look and you could do Janet from the Rocky Horror picture show, or do the Big Hair thing and be Magenta?
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!