Author Topic: Gay music  (Read 6188 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Gay music
« Reply #50 on: 11 October, 2012, 04:42:19 pm »
Pete Shelley was gay, wasn't he? Hang on, that should be 'is', he's not dead! But his music had never struck me as camp at all. Reminded me of seeing them in Brissle about 1989, hmm, long time ago (was there colour back then?)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #51 on: 11 October, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »
I bought a Chris Difford album a few months ago and ‘Cowboys Are My Weakness’ is a constant earworm at the moment…but is that too obvious?

Andrew

« Reply #52 on: 11 October, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »
Let's not forget Rupert Rufus Wainwright's 'Foolish Love' or KD Lang's 'Miss Chatelaine'

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #53 on: 11 October, 2012, 05:18:35 pm »
Rufus
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #54 on: 11 October, 2012, 05:20:54 pm »
Pete Shelley was gay, wasn't he? Hang on, that should be 'is', he's not dead! But his music had never struck me as camp at all. Reminded me of seeing them in Brissle about 1989, hmm, long time ago (was there colour back then?)

He's bisexual.

And I forgot to mention 'Homosapien', which was banned by the BBC for its references to gay sex.
Getting there...

Andrew

« Reply #55 on: 11 October, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »
who let that dog in here?

Yep, Rufus. I have bear issues too.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #56 on: 11 October, 2012, 05:29:45 pm »

Pete Shelley's voice is camp; the lyrics ambiguous; but most importantly, the tunes are brilliantly catchy and the sound exciting.  "Innocent" is my favourite.  There's a twelve incher I love slammed into me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgR7Yf8_x4A&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NgR7Yf8_x4A&rel=1</a>
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #57 on: 11 October, 2012, 05:32:17 pm »
His voice never struck me as camp but I agree with all the rest of it. Except perhaps the last sentence!  :D

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #58 on: 11 October, 2012, 05:40:46 pm »
I'd forgotten about kd lang.  A friend at university was besotted with her, and absolutely gutted when he found out she was on the other bus.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #59 on: 11 October, 2012, 07:15:15 pm »
First time I considered Pete Shelley's sexuality and considered him probably gay (ironically, I didn't know about bisexuality back then) was in 1978.
Getting there...

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #60 on: 11 October, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »
Damn! this has made me put on 'Love Bites', and I'm going to have this in my head all night!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #61 on: 11 October, 2012, 09:28:01 pm »
Damn! this has made me put on 'Love Bites', and I'm going to have this in my head all night!
Not the Def Leppard song, then?  I don't think any of them were batting for the other side, but Rob Halford of Judas Priest, another kitsch metal band, is famously gay.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #62 on: 11 October, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »
Saxon's drummer, Pete Gill, who also drummed for Motorhead on Orgasmatron, is gay.
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #63 on: 12 October, 2012, 12:35:02 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-vvKLopleA&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/s-vvKLopleA&rel=1</a>

Open to many interpretations at least.