Author Topic: B-Day  (Read 11735 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: B-Day
« Reply #50 on: 18 July, 2008, 09:40:41 pm »
I've reduced the gearing on mine by fitting a 14T Sturmey sprocket (also needs an extra full link in the chain).  64" on Marathon Pluses was pushing it a bit for "normal" gear, although it was only 62" with the Stelvios (which I'll save for closer-to-home stuff).  Now I have 44", 58" and 78", which are all quite usable gears - 58" is my do-everything gear on the touring bike.

I've also got the hang of removing the wheels in 2 minutes or so, although I wouldn't like to do it in the dark and wet.  The bottle cage works well on the back of the "stem" using the Elite strap-ons (oo-er).

I will bring along a good quality M8 stainless steel bolt for you.  The first time you try to adjust the Pentaclip, you'll see why you need it.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #51 on: 18 July, 2008, 09:44:34 pm »
I've also got the hang of removing the wheels in 2 minutes or so, although I wouldn't like to do it in the dark and wet.

Of course, guess what the conditions have been on virtually every occasion when I've needed to take the wheel off on mine...
Actually, it is rocket science.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #52 on: 18 July, 2008, 09:46:22 pm »
Ta for the bolt :)
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #53 on: 24 July, 2008, 05:02:14 pm »
Mine My wife's Brompton has now arrived - we will be getting it on Saturday. There will be pictures.  ;D