Author Topic: Rohloff wheel ready for despatch  (Read 4398 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Rohloff wheel ready for despatch
« on: 31 March, 2008, 02:27:19 pm »
Arising from the thread on the old forum, I have had a call from Lisa of SJS Cycles. Our wheel, complete with new hub shell, is ready for despatch. It may wee be with us tomorrow.

Readers may recall that Robin Thorn had expressed reluctance to refund my postage. He's on holiday in the south of France (no doubt paid for mostly by be - miaow, miaow) and Lisa refunded my postage without question, other than "How much?"

Now let's see how long it takes before this hub bites the dust.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Julian

• samoture
Re: Rohloff wheel ready for despatch
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2008, 02:31:25 pm »
*sets stopwatch*

Let us know.  Hopefully this will be the one which never dies, but I don't think I'd be all that confident...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2008, 02:33:49 pm »
I mentioned in t'Othe place that Lisa was very pleasant to deal with. I wonder if the working atmosphere at SJS lightens rather when the boss in on hols? ;)

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #3 on: 31 March, 2008, 02:40:55 pm »
I mentioned in t'Othe place that Lisa was very pleasant to deal with. I wonder if the working atmosphere at SJS lightens rather when the boss in on hols? ;)

Or did the boss say 'If that **** chap from Soufend calls when I'm on holiday, be nice to him, he could lose us a lot of business'? ;)

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #4 on: 31 March, 2008, 02:52:06 pm »
I've just had my wheel back from Thorn/ Rohloff (wrt an oil leak) and I also concur with customer service from Lisa ..superb. 
appearing in a tea room near you

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #5 on: 31 March, 2008, 03:06:36 pm »
Glad to hear that you have received something like a successful output WB, fingers crossed the wheel returns from it's wanderings with nary a problem...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6 on: 31 March, 2008, 03:55:43 pm »
Good customer service gets mentioned less than bad, so top marks for Lisa, and I hope this is the end of the saga.  :)
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7 on: 01 April, 2008, 02:48:17 pm »
Well, we've just taken delivery of a shiny new hub, in a rather different livery from the old. That was yellow lettering and logo on black, this is in a rather tasteful silver on black. If we had a black frame it would be an ideal undertaker's bike.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #8 on: 01 April, 2008, 04:20:33 pm »
Hope you have many thousands of trouble-free miles riding on the new wheel.  :)
Getting there...

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #9 on: 01 April, 2008, 04:41:44 pm »
Many happy turns on your new wheel, Wow.  :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #10 on: 01 April, 2008, 05:53:41 pm »
Well, it's on and it has had its first two miles of stress. We went to Waitrose and came back with 19kg of shopping in the panniers.

One annoying discovery is that we cannot fit our new Bob Yakalike trailer straight on because the luggage rack gets in the way. We need to get some spacing washers. Then, it looks to me as though we will not be able to fit the Super C panniers at the same time as the trailer. I will spend some time trying to sort that tomorrow, because we are supposed to be New Foresting nezt week with the trailer.

I was quite pleased that I managed to get this monstrous tyre onto the wheel without buggering up my hands too much. I think Marathon Pluses onto 26" wheels must be amongst the toughest combinations to deal with.