Author Topic: Ixon IQ/Speed battery connector - what plug?  (Read 685 times)

Ixon IQ/Speed battery connector - what plug?
« on: 04 August, 2022, 06:27:32 pm »
Can anyone tell me what type of plug is needed to connect a light to the battery? Obviously, a small DC plug, but what size?

TIA
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Re: Ixon IQ/Speed battery connector - what plug?
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2022, 07:19:05 pm »
In the absence of being able to find my charger, eyeballing the connector on the lamp housing I'm going to guess at 3.5 outer, 1.3 pin.

One of these, maybe.  https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-power/ppw01001/1-3mm-dc-power-plug/dp/AV15075?st=dc%20power%20plugs

A 4mm drill is a snug fit in the plastic so the connector barrel is going to be a touch smaller, the pin is more difficult but is similar to a 1mm drill.

Edit: having now found the charger in my electronics bits and bobs drawer rather than in the bike bits and bobs cupboard I can confirm the size of plug above.

Re: Ixon IQ/Speed battery connector - what plug?
« Reply #2 on: 05 September, 2022, 11:18:45 am »
Thanks. That's helpful.

I could charge the battery, but without an adapter I couldn't plug in any of my lights. But there are adapters for sale . . .
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897