Author Topic: Kenny now World Champ?  (Read 1320 times)

Kenny now World Champ?
« on: 06 January, 2012, 03:33:31 pm »
Bauge busted.  http://tinyurl.com/6uqsnjk  Not a nice way to get it if so.
Working my way up to inferior.

Re: Kenny now World Champ?
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2012, 04:29:34 pm »
What's the odds that his suspension would not have been backdated if the Olympics were still 2+ years away?  :demon:

And his lawyer has the gall to accuse the UCI of chauvinism...  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2012, 04:31:21 pm »
Be interesting to know what excuses he had for missing the tests. Hopefully they're amusingly ridiculous...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

LEE

« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2012, 04:39:06 pm »
They will be laughable.  They always are.

Athletes at his level are managed very carefully, there's almost no excuse, they only have a few things in life to really worry about:

- Training
- Diet (and making sure they don't eat contaminated Beef)
- Racing
- MAKING SURE THEY ATTEND DRUG TESTS

If I knew I'd lose my job if I wore blue socks I'd make damn sure I didn't wear blue socks.  That's how fundamental it is for a Top cyclist to avoid losing their job (so to speak).  Don't take drugs and don't miss drugs tests (unless of course you took drugs).

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2012, 04:46:47 pm »
Make of this what you will, but la Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting today that Cav missed a test last year.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2012, 04:57:14 pm »
Make of this what you will, but la Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting today that Cav missed a test last year.

Cav has admitted as such:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/mark-cavendish/8998234/Mark-Cavendish-admits-to-missing-out-of-competition-drugs-test.html

At least he hasn't tried to weasel out of it.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #6 on: 06 January, 2012, 05:02:20 pm »
Bauge missed only the one test, but it's that in combination with "two breaches of applicable requirements regarding rider availability", so it looks like he's been nailed for not informing the UCI of his whereabouts.

LEE

« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »
Cav -
"It's part of the job. And it's my job to make sure that I don't miss another."

I really don't understand it. 

How can it slip your mind when, potentially, your entire career hangs on simply updating a calendar?

Doesn't he, or British Cycling, or SKY Cycling, have a PA whose role it is just to make sure these things are dealt with?

Again, potentially, SKY's whole team reputation is hanging on someone updating a calendar.

« Reply #8 on: 06 January, 2012, 07:14:27 pm »
Cav -
"It's part of the job. And it's my job to make sure that I don't miss another."

I really don't understand it. 

How can it slip your mind when, potentially, your entire career hangs on simply updating a calendar?

Doesn't he, or British Cycling, or SKY Cycling, have a PA whose role it is just to make sure these things are dealt with?

Again, potentially, SKY's whole team reputation is hanging on someone updating a calendar.

Maybe he was worried about his girlfriend - he is human after all.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)