Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Tyre width
« Last post by iscunonove on Today at 08:31:02 pm »
Dawes Galaxy 32mm marathon or vitoria Randonneur tyres - flippin heavy and slow.
LeMond Zurich 851, 21 or 23 hp or Tubs - light and flippin fast.
Audax bike - somewhere in between.

As previously said. You need to consider the history to fully understand where we were 20 years ago. Back in the day (up until the 80s say) the options for road bikes were heavy 27" wheels and low pressure tyres 60psi max or light weight continental 700 'sprint' wheels with sew-up tubular tyres which could take much higher pressures. Hence the old photos of cyclists riding to races with their best sprint wheels strapped to the handlebars. This explains the prevailing wide - slow, narrow - fast philosophy.
The Pub / Sainsbury's grocery delivery
« Last post by Polar Bear on Today at 08:26:33 pm »
So, it's a first time for me.  I am at my youngest son's house dog sitting for a few days.

I have just done an order online and on the website it says that the order will be delivered here.  In the confirmation email it says that the order will be delivered to my home address.

Which am I to believe?

It is quite a difference between Rugby and Northampton. 🤔
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by JefO on Today at 08:23:18 pm »
Broadway Melody of 1974 - Genesis
The Knowledge / Re: Help with frame related questions
« Last post by Bicycle Repair Man on Today at 08:21:19 pm »
Hi Dana
FS 1845 is indeed a frame built for Dales in March 86 by us at M Steel Cycles.  The chap that said he was told the Dales Flying Scots were built by "7 or 8 guys" was told wrong!!  All the Dales Flying Scots were built by M Steel Cycles, I have never counted how many but I would reckon at least a couple of hundred. They were built to our standard designs apart from some custom jobs, all had the FS prefix on the number and many had SCOT engraved vertically on the seat stay top eyes.
Glad to hear yours is still going strong after 39 years ;D
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 08:14:56 pm »
Just had lunch in a café between Trento and Venice in a quaint town with a castle.

The café was freshly decorated and the focaccia bread was lovely.

When I went to use the loo it was just a hole in the ground! I managed, just, but wonder what an old person would do. The loo roll dispenser was empty and so was the hand towel dispenser after I had washed my hands.

First time I’ve used one of those loos and I am nearly 53!

Was there no shower hose/bum gun?

Loo roll is prevalent mostly amongst North Americans, North Europeans and non-indigenous Australians.
Everyone else washes.
Racing / Re: Giro d'Italia 2024
« Last post by finch on Today at 07:59:47 pm »
So pleased for Lou Lou
Racing / Re: Giro d'Italia 2024
« Last post by Asterix, the former Gaul. on Today at 07:57:51 pm »
Glad I caught the highlights of that stage. :thumbsup:
Good luck to all the Paulines starting tomorrow.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 07:53:20 pm »
Just had lunch in a café between Trento and Venice in a quaint town with a castle.

The café was freshly decorated and the focaccia bread was lovely.

When I went to use the loo it was just a hole in the ground! I managed, just, but wonder what an old person would do. The loo roll dispenser was empty and so was the hand towel dispenser after I had washed my hands.

First time I’ve used one of those loos and I am nearly 53!

If you've travelled to southern Europe before, I'm very surprised at that. They used to be ubiquitous in smaller towns and roadside services
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2087
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 07:48:25 pm »
I think there's something awry with your green screen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10