Author Topic: When was your last interaction with Picolax?  (Read 11172 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: When was your last interaction with Picolax?
« Reply #75 on: 12 November, 2023, 10:34:52 am »
I’ve just been reading the enclosed instructions for Thursday’s indignity. I’m somewhat concerned by the fact that this is a medicine that is dispensed in two separate sachets to be combined only when it is going to be used.  :o
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #76 on: 12 November, 2023, 12:01:26 pm »
I’ve just been reading the enclosed instructions for Thursday’s indignity. I’m somewhat concerned by the fact that this is a medicine that is dispensed in two separate sachets to be combined only when it is going to be used.  :o

It that way it is similar to Araldite.

The effects, after mixing, not so much.
It is simpler than it looks.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #77 on: 12 November, 2023, 12:24:02 pm »

yes, that thought occurred to me also.  ;D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #78 on: 12 November, 2023, 12:26:02 pm »

More like a binary chemical weapon or explosive... :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #79 on: 12 November, 2023, 10:09:54 pm »

Isn't the idea that the mix can be made up an hour or two before so can be stored in the fridge.  Then sipped over an hour.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #80 on: 12 November, 2023, 11:11:22 pm »
Sipped over an hour.

Lost in minutes.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #81 on: 13 November, 2023, 08:46:33 am »
Having just undergone a colonoscopy (I can think of better ways of spending a Saturday afternoon), my advice is not to sip the foul concoction but to drink it down in four fifteen minute intervals, chased by some of the water you are told to drink with it. It tastes absolutely disgusting, but holding your nose while drinking helps. And the effects weren't instant on me - I drank the first lot and then there was a gap of at least an hour before things started moving. After that it was pretty constant until about 1am (I took my first dose at 5pm, followed by the second lot at 8pm). I did get a reasonable night's sleep after that. Beware too that it makes your bum really sore. Wipe very carefully and gently!

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #82 on: 13 November, 2023, 09:34:41 am »
Having just undergone a colonoscopy (I can think of better ways of spending a Saturday afternoon), my advice is not to sip the foul concoction but to drink it down in four fifteen minute intervals, chased by some of the water you are told to drink with it. It tastes absolutely disgusting, but holding your nose while drinking helps. And the effects weren't instant on me - I drank the first lot and then there was a gap of at least an hour before things started moving. After that it was pretty constant until about 1am (I took my first dose at 5pm, followed by the second lot at 8pm). I did get a reasonable night's sleep after that. Beware too that it makes your bum really sore. Wipe very carefully and gently!

Baby wet wipes* or aloe vera moist toilet tissue for the win!

*Do not dispose of down the loo though.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #83 on: 16 November, 2023, 12:58:37 pm »
Start a new movement. Take Moviprep.

« Reply #84 on: 16 November, 2023, 01:18:27 pm »
The shit jokes thread is that way... <points> :demon: ;) ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #85 on: 16 November, 2023, 03:39:14 pm »

Drinking the stuff cold helps.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #86 on: 16 November, 2023, 09:01:24 pm »
Well that’s been far les dramatic than I remember it going last time and I’m left with the uncomfortable feeling that the job hasn’t been completed. I do hope they don’t send me home tomorrow with a follow-up appointment and a shit-tonne more dynamite.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #87 on: 18 November, 2023, 11:53:28 am »
All done with a help of a small amount of fentanyl and Valium. Some polyps removed and a return visit in three years.

« Reply #88 on: 02 December, 2023, 01:11:27 pm »
I have this delight to look forward to this week. Had a telephone consultation this morning. Restricted diet from tomorrow.  Collect the Moviprep on Tuesday morning. Take it Tuesday lunchtime and evening. Procedure Wednesday morning.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #89 on: 02 December, 2023, 01:56:04 pm »
Better than the enema kit that I got.

Now wondering how I can recycle or reuse the enema bottle ;)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #90 on: 02 December, 2023, 03:18:48 pm »
I have this delight to look forward to this week. Had a telephone consultation this morning. Restricted diet from tomorrow.  Collect the Moviprep on Tuesday morning. Take it Tuesday lunchtime and evening. Procedure Wednesday morning.

Good luck!
It'sa not so bad….

« Reply #91 on: 02 December, 2023, 07:19:10 pm »
Thanks, Helly

To be honest I'm more worried about the preparatory bits than the actual procedure.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #92 on: 02 December, 2023, 07:30:10 pm »
Good luck Steve. If they offer you the drugs I’d recommend them, but the do make you waffle a bit  ;D. Other than that, neither the prep or the procedure are too bad, and I think it’s the loss of dignity that’s really the worst part. 

I thought I was all done for three years, but I got a call yesterday to inform me the consultant wants to do. Check up on the bigger polyp site in May. Hey ho. But it’s got to be better than my B-in-L is going through, so grin and bear it then.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #93 on: 02 December, 2023, 09:53:55 pm »
Thanks, Helly

To be honest I'm more worried about the preparatory bits than the actual procedure.

The low-residue lead-up diet is terminally BORING.

If I could manage the Movi-Prep without a leak & have a fair night's sleep before the procedure, methinks you can too.

I bought some nappies, wore one but didn't mark it.

My legs are very, very, slow and I don't have full function round the tail end.

(I later offered unused nappies to a friend whose husband was going through this but she said he'd never use one, though she would!)

Good luck!

PS. Never trust a fart!

« Reply #94 on: 06 December, 2023, 01:01:29 pm »
Thanks to everyone for the comments, suggestions and encouragement.

In the end it all went very well, considering.

The Moviprep reminded me of those very disappointing sachets of 'lemonade' powder we used to occasionally have as kids--very artificial lemon taste with a chemical background--but I could cope. Getting through four pints of the stuff was a struggle towards the end.
This morning, everything went well. I only had gas and air1 for pain relief and didn't use that much of it. They found one polyp which has been removed and sent off for biopsy, but the nurse practitioner seemed to think it would probably be OK.

The only issue was that, in the preparatory checks, my pulse rate was all over the place, going from thirty-something to over a hundred. They did an ECG before the surgeon was prepared to carry out the procedure and I am off to see my GP, clutching a copy of the printout, later this afternoon.
[1] Once the issue with my pulse appeared with the visit to the GP mandated, they told me I couldn't have the sedation, but it really wasn't a problem.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #95 on: 06 December, 2023, 04:00:43 pm »
Glad it went OK!
Cyclists' heart rates do WEIRD things, as anyone who reads this board can see...

« Reply #96 on: 06 December, 2023, 04:37:42 pm »
Thanks, Helly.
GP not worried. Doing some blood tests. May give me a heart monitor to wear 24 hours a day at some point, just to get some more data.