Author Topic: Tidylikeinnit!  (Read 1052 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Tidylikeinnit!
« on: 29 June, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »
Brother Sprogs has mentioned the idea of a ride around the Isle of Anglessey in the not too distant future. Probably do it on the Train and Folding Bikes but have no idea about the place.
Is it pleasant enough to pootle, all I'm capable of at this time!, or would I need a Big Bike with Granny Rings etc?
Is it worth doing or is it a bunch of main roads that you can't dare to look away from and see the scenery?
Advice, info' and Insults welcome. No rush as it'll be a while before I'm even healthy enough to do that.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Tidylikeinnit!
« Reply #1 on: 29 June, 2010, 08:12:12 pm »
OT, but Snuff's rather marvellous song "Iyehf Taidu Leikh" is apparently how "Half tidy, like" sounds when spoken in a strong Welsh accent.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MP_Le_NgQWY&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/MP_Le_NgQWY&rel=1</a>
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Si_Co

« Reply #2 on: 01 July, 2010, 07:54:01 pm »
It's a pleasant pootle around the island PD as long as you stay off the RAF valley road, crossing the bridge, either one, by bike can be like putting your life in someone else's hands, there are some good climbs about  particulary if you decide to cross the "mountain" so if your health is not A1 a granny ring may be called for.

There is some fantastic riding around here and a decent bike shop in Bangor.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #3 on: 02 July, 2010, 01:01:46 am »
Cheers Si.  It's looking like a bit of a pipe dream again just now as El Doctore is still not happy about me using my bad knee, the newer bad knee, so much on hills an stuff.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!