Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 286823 times)

That shit poking fraudster "Dr" Gillian McKeith will be entering the Celeb Big Brother House. Good it shows her career is on the decline as fewer people believe her random shit about toxins etc.

hillbilly

Hillbilly is correct, but man, that's a lot of episodes.

I've most recently watched Awesome-O in Series 8. 
Which is apparently 116 episodes in. 
Only another 151 to go (or around 55 hours).

ian

I can't imagine how utterly brilliantly warped your brain will be after an entire run of South Park. Just thinking about the Gayfish song had me humming it for three hours. Kanye's got crabs. Literally.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
I thought DJ Random must have been in a Viarosa mood this morning, until my eyes were sufficiently caffeinated to focus on the screen.  You played this last night, you div!  Why not save the play count when you've done so?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Ruthie

• Her Majester
'Telomere' by the Mystery Jets is such a great song, but I think it will always remind me of hearing about Bowie.  Which is a shame, really.  On the other hand, it was a perfect choice for that moment.

Sigh.

Milk please, no sugar.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Showed my son some Hieronymus Bosch paintings: "This is even weirder than the mind of Terry Pratchett!"
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
Have we had OK Go's new zero-gravity (yes, for realsies) music video yet?

http://okgo.net/2016/02/11/upside-down-inside-out/

To clarify - no green screens, no wires, and shot in one take aboard a parabolic plane flight. All they've done is cut the double-gravity bits out between dives.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
That's a gratuitous excuse for having as much fun making a video as possible.   :thumbsup:

It's just a shame the music's a bit...

Well, the videos are much better than the music.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Third Way has gone under.  It's such a good journal.  What a bloody shame.  :(
Milk please, no sugar.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!

To clarify - no green screens, no wires, and shot in one take aboard a parabolic plane flight. All they've done is cut the double-gravity bits out between dives.

So good! And gosh, those girls are jolly fit aren't they!
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Inside the world's biggest organ:

https://youtu.be/VKWIX7LcV5Y

SFW
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
The Brits.

Shit, aren't they?

Even the David Bowie tribute seemed trite, contrived and a bit rubbish.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583

Watched it with the sound off.

The foot bars kind of gave the game away
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
I have booked some tickets, for November, to see Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, in Leeds.

I wasn't intending to, but went on SeeTickets, to book Terrorvision tickets and saw that they were coming back to the UK (We have missed them the last 2 times they have played in Leeds).  Mrs T is VERY happy!

On a side note, I thought I would have a look at the cost of tickets to see Jools Holland, again in November.  F*** me! £40 EACH!!!!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
I have been watching Deutschland 83 on Channel 4 (hurrah for VPN), a series of eight programmes about an East German posing as a West German soldier to spy on Pershing II nuclear missile talks.

I am halfway through and it is absolutely brilliant!

Available for another 7 days on 4 On Demand so I really recommend watching it.

It's in German (with some French and also English) but subtitled. The subtitles are done well too.

It was first shown here on RTL in December I think so has very quickly made it to UK television. It was hugely successful in America apparently. Under the 4 App it is under "Walter recommends' or some such obfuscation.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

I have booked a superfluity of Springsteen tickets, both for Wembley and Coventry. One or the other will have to be sold.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
On a side note, I thought I would have a look at the cost of tickets to see Jools Holland, again in November.  F*** me! £40 EACH!!!!

My grate frend Mr Woolrich suggested we might see Buddy Guy later this year.  IIRC it was even more than that.  Sorry, Buddy...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

essexian

I have booked a superfluity of Springsteen tickets, both for Wembley and Coventry. One or the other will have to be sold.

Managed to get tickets for Coventry but did ponder whilst doing so why on Earth do Rihanna tickets for the same venue costs more than those for the boss.  ???

I thought £67 quid was towards the top end of what I would want to pay but then again, you go get some set with The Boss. At the same time as I booked these (it took nearly 40 minutes to get to the front of the queue!) and for the same overall cost, I managed to book tickets to see The Primitives, The Dandy Warhols and The Cure.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Rihanna will probably have lots of dancers and costume changes and extraneousness, whereas The Boss will just have his band.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Yebbut someone has noticed how long he normally carries on for, these gigs start at 16:30! I'd have a shilling both ways that Rihanna starts at 20:00 and finishes first

Is John Oliver the lovechild of Ben Elton and Ben Elton?

With all the hoopla over David Bowie the death of Mott The Hoople drummer Dale "Buffin" Griffin seems to have slipped under the radar, in much the same way as Lee Brilleaux dying at the same time as Kurt Cobain.
Somewhere, Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis, Farrah Fawcett and Mother Teresa are nodding in agreement.

Well well, off the back of a Letter of Moan, I have been refunded the Coventry ones, didn't think Ticketmaster would do that.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Decided on this year's festival  :thumbsup: :D 8)

http://www.discoverthebluedot.com/
Milk please, no sugar.