Author Topic: YACF LEJoG Relay  (Read 177386 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: YACF LEJoG Relay
« Reply #1025 on: 20 May, 2013, 11:53:52 pm »
Are we allowed to carry it again?

No reason why you shouldn't

If so - we'll happily take it to Edinburgh on LEL at the end of July, for its Scottish trip.

cracking idea :thumbsup:

« Reply #1026 on: 20 May, 2013, 11:56:20 pm »
First thing would probably be most useful. Will you have a camera operator with you?

« Reply #1027 on: 21 May, 2013, 12:02:36 am »
Not sure where the Oxford ride gets into London or at what time but firstish thing should be ok.
Chris, I can drop it off to you as I head noorff the following week.

« Reply #1028 on: 21 May, 2013, 12:09:11 am »
Just read the Oxford post. We arrive at the cafe Paolo in Acton at 06-30 sat morning. Is that early enough?
From there, i will be pootling back to SE london for a snooze at my daughter's before the evening racing.

Chris S

« Reply #1029 on: 21 May, 2013, 12:16:39 am »
We're not riding to London for LEL - we'll be driving to the start.

Ideally, we'd collect it at the start of LEL. We're staying at Tynan's before the start, if that's any use.

« Reply #1030 on: 21 May, 2013, 12:24:26 am »
What about collecting from Kirton control on the way up.
I am volunteering there for the duration.

Chris S

« Reply #1031 on: 21 May, 2013, 07:47:21 am »

That would work  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1032 on: 21 May, 2013, 07:53:59 am »
Cafe Paolo 6:30? You're on! That also means that the event will be properly recorded.

I haz plans.

edit: paging Andrij...... paging Andrij ......

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1033 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:13:09 am »

Be mindfull that the baton cannot travel on the train,bus or car etc.
Cycle only
 :)

LEE

« Reply #1034 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:21:03 am »

Be mindfull that the baton cannot travel on the train,bus or car etc.
Cycle only
 :)

See above.

I like the idea of taking the Baton sightseeing.

Maybe we could all take the time, when we have the baton in our possession, to show it some local sights.

See Ham's perfect examples on previous page

Chris S

« Reply #1035 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:23:34 am »
Agreed. But it's only getting to see The South.

There are interesting sites in The North too. LEL provides the perfect opportunity for a rapid transit north, by bike.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1036 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:26:08 am »
Is the baton an AUK member or will the £2 insurance supplement be appropriate? ;D

LEE

« Reply #1037 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:31:09 am »

There are interesting sites in The North too. LEL provides the perfect opportunity for a rapid transit north, by bike.

Gets it nearer to JoG as well (although, as I found out on my own LEJoG, it's still a surprisingly long way)

« Reply #1038 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:33:52 am »
I'll be at Barnard Castle if anyone wants to drop it off there (I'll be cycling home).

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1039 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:39:10 am »

Get's it nearer to JoG as well (although, as I found out on my own LEJoG, it's still a surprisingly long way)

my bold

Yes indeed.
Untill I got to Edinburgh I failed to realise that JoG to Edinburgh is approx a third of the total distance. :o
My perception of how LARGE Scotland is was certainly amended.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #1040 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:39:32 am »
Are we allowed to carry it again?

If so - we'll happily take it to Edinburgh on LEL at the end of July, for its Scottish trip.
I've not carried it yet, and I'm doing LEL. I'd love to carry it some of the way North (or back South again if somebody wants to collect it from a control).

Chris S

« Reply #1041 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:41:21 am »
I'll be at Barnard Castle if anyone wants to drop it off there (I'll be cycling home).

How about it does a relay between YACF riders Northbound, and then gets deposited with someone like yourself southbound, so it at least gets to visit Scotland. It could be transferred from rider to rider at controls going north, easily enough.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1042 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:41:45 am »
This idea is growing legs wheels :thumbsup:

« Reply #1043 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:44:26 am »

How about it does a relay between YACF riders Northbound, and then gets deposited with someone like yourself southbound, so it at least gets to visit Scotland. It could be transferred from rider to rider at controls going north, easily enough.

Great potential for confusion amongst sleep-deprived riders and volunteers - I like it :thumbsup:

Chris S

« Reply #1044 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:46:04 am »

Great potential for confusion amongst sleep-deprived riders and volunteers - I like it :thumbsup:

Definitely. What could possibly go wrong?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1045 on: 21 May, 2013, 11:01:38 am »
If the baton's going to be at Cafe Paolo's at the end of the Oxford-London ride, I'm looking forward to meeting it! Funny thing, it's often mentioned but doesn't seem to post itself. Does it have a YACF jersey?  ;D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

LeBaton

• I want to be grasped
« Reply #1046 on: 21 May, 2013, 09:59:08 pm »
No, I don't have a YACF jersey, I feel left out.
Stick it to me, yeah!

« Reply #1047 on: 03 June, 2013, 11:59:19 pm »
Lebaton, see you at the cafe saturday morning.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1048 on: 08 June, 2013, 05:58:56 pm »
M. Lebaton at breakfast:

Double moving handover:

Sadly, the clip was cut off at the beginning when I uploaded to my PC, but you can (just) see the handover from Ham to Andrij
Getting there...

LeBaton

• I want to be grasped
« Reply #1049 on: 20 June, 2013, 12:03:50 am »
Well it was very pleasant to be properly handed over for the first time, what with being a relay baton if you start being handled by people with one hand stuck on their hips, the talk is going to start and it isn't going to end pretty. I'm looking forward to how my keepers-to-be are going to top the moving handover now.

I'm being looked after very well by loadsabikes, but I'm starting to feel unloved and ignored again, I'm never happier than when I'm being talked about (as long as it isn't in connection with those hands on hips, obviously).
Stick it to me, yeah!