Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 144964 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #2275 on: 25 August, 2023, 10:16:36 pm »
W2:R3
Off piste as it were; 3k run

I really didn’t feel like doing the C25K programmed run today, so eventually just went out and did a run.  Managed about 2.5k before having to walk of a couple of minutes and then finished the distance running. It felt ok, and I think with a bit of better pacing I could manage the whole 3k. I’ll probably return to the programme next week.

The big decision is do I take 2 days off and start on Monday again, or do I go on Sunday. I think Dr B is planning to wait until Monday as she is feeling a bit tired.

Running in the evening is definitely more my bag though, I really enjoyed that, and I think with some careful planning a moon lit cross country would be grand.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2276 on: 28 August, 2023, 12:50:08 pm »
W3:R1
Not knackered

A day late, probably due to the evening of revelry on Saturday to celebrate Ms Beardy the younger’s b’day.

I think I possibly took it a bit easier than optimal for development, but any run is a good run.

I am also thinking of abandoning the C25k programme in favour of Garmin recommended runs, but will have to think on that. I certainly know that the C25k programme will get me to a level of capability, so I won’t switch without careful consideration.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2277 on: 30 August, 2023, 11:30:27 am »
W3:R2
Not knackered

Having proclaimed that evening running was my thing I proceed to do two morning runs  ::-) I blame .Dr B

I looked at the Garmin suggested run this morning and decide that their easy run as suggested would likely kill me, so I carried on with the C25K programme. Wuss

On the wuss front, I need to push harder I think. I’m not exactly wiped out after a run, and I’m consciously not pushing when out there; it’s almost as if I’m scared to push. I’m making progress I’m sure, but if I pushed a bit, would that progress be better? Always some homework after a run  :)

« Reply #2278 on: 31 August, 2023, 08:07:35 am »
Good to see you progressing!

You don’t need to push hard through a C25k, I think. It’s all about time moving on on your feet and building up slowly (still too fast for some people).

If you do want to push a bit, only once per week.  It is wait until you’re running solidly a few days a week before pushing hard.

The one slight exception is some bio mechanical issues get worse at very low speeds and can benefit from less distance and more pace - but you’d be in pain if that was a problem!

Mike

« Reply #2279 on: 01 September, 2023, 08:25:02 am »
The objective is not to be knackered Beardy, the objective is to complete.

Athletes rarely train at full tilt. 

Pleased to see that you are progressing again.  Well done and keep it up.  👍

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2280 on: 01 September, 2023, 11:03:22 am »
Suited and booted, open the front door. Rain! Bah.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2281 on: 01 September, 2023, 12:06:52 pm »
W3:R3 off programme
Knackered

A 30 minute outing with two short walks, the first being after that difficult first 3 minutes. A solid 20 minuets core though. Not fast, but hard none the less, with breathing being the difficult part. I think I’ve identified an issue; I find the run the morning after Dr B has made chilli for dinner difficult. I put this down to me eating too much rather than any toxicity from the chilli I hasten to add (lest Dr B ever reads these words) and my stomach takes up valuable space my lungs like to use for expansion. It’s a theory.

I enjoyed the run though, especially the middle bit where I was just comfortably in my zone and plodding along.