Author Topic: condor potenza - what am I overlooking as a donor frame?  (Read 2295 times)

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
condor potenza - what am I overlooking as a donor frame?
« on: 03 January, 2013, 02:01:20 pm »
I'm thinking it's about time I got myself a new frame, and moved everything else across.  So I poked around.
I also noticed this complete bike. I don't care what year it is and already have non-curly handlebars.
I suppose I'd need p-clip or the mudguards and rack(s), but it weighs about 1/9 of my current setup.
Would do a mix and match with the bustard (offspring of 2 donor bikes), previous owner of the frame fancies giving it another go ...

What am I overlooking?
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

Re: condor potenza - what am I overlooking as a donor frame?
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »
What am I overlooking?

It's not a complete bike, it's just the frame, forks and headset!

« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2013, 09:54:29 pm »
It looks like running a rear brake would be a problem, and mudguard clearance looks tight - probably restrict you to 23c tyres, assuming you can fit them. 

Nice frame though :-)

Have a look at the Bob Jackson Vigorelli that Sgt Pluck and I are running as commuters - they take two brakes and have mudguard eyes, yet are still quite tight and fun to ride.  Or a Pomp of course.

If you do go for it and are stuck for the odd bit just shout - I think we have a lot of bulging parts bins between us.

« Reply #3 on: 03 January, 2013, 09:57:55 pm »
Pretty steep seat tube and head angles.

got

« Reply #4 on: 03 January, 2013, 10:43:49 pm »
Guys how do you find the bob?

I have a pomp, but have been looking around for something else (possibly!).

Would it be much of an upgrade over the pomp? Better tubing for a start I guess

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »
would definitely want mudguards so that's a no.  Will dream about the bob maybe.  thanks for tips
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.