Author Topic: 'Cycling World' subscription...bad move!  (Read 1155 times)

'Cycling World' subscription...bad move!
« on: 28 January, 2014, 04:00:59 pm »
Hello, I found this magazine in W. H. Smiths in Worcester last year. As I lost money in the 1980's on two other cycle magazines that folded I was a bit nervous about taking out a subscription for the above magazine. After much debating I took out a years subscription. The first magazine arrived on time but after that things went down hill. I had to email and then write to get some months editions. I was reading about events and exhibitions well past their closing dates!! The Sales Manager gave me three months extra subscription to compensate for one particular edition that arrive a month late...then two more of the same edition turned up. There was no December 2013 edition as the company printers made a 'cock-up' of the printing and the current issue is called 'December-January edition. I note every article has contact details at the end almost as if the company has a deal to print publicity for each company mentioned. The advertising ratio seems high to written articles. There are some great regular 'easy-rider' article's and very little racing.  I don't think I will be renewing the subscription though....
Silent for a reason.....deaf!

Re: 'Cycling World' subscription...bad move!
« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2014, 04:30:17 pm »
There's a long-running thread on this mag:
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5396.0

I've given up trying to buy it.