Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2458420 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22450 on: 30 December, 2018, 06:12:48 pm »
Giggling at my shopping trip. I only intended to keep my friend company. I'm now home avec blouse, dress, shape wear, new underwear, handbag and a cat!
We went shopping for new bedding, walked past an art shop and bought a picture. Then found we could not fit it in the car and had to get a taxi for the picture whilst I drive home. Now hung it in the hallway and it has totally changed the look of the hall.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22451 on: 30 December, 2018, 07:57:44 pm »
Giggling at my shopping trip. I only intended to keep my friend company. I'm now home avec blouse, dress, shape wear, new underwear, handbag and a cat!
We went shopping for new bedding, walked past an art shop and bought a picture. Then found we could not fit it in the car and had to get a taxi for the picture whilst I drive home. Now hung it in the hallway and it has totally changed the look of the hall.

Whatever you do, don't pop into Llandysul for a pint of milk.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #22452 on: 30 December, 2018, 08:48:19 pm »
A cat!
Do tell!

The cat is now reunited with its owner :-)

lou boutin

« Reply #22453 on: 30 December, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »

Whatever you do, don't pop into Llandysul for a pint of milk.

I once went to Asda to get a pint of milk for the office and left with a pint of milk and a new coat.  My  office mates thought it hilarious. 

« Reply #22454 on: 30 December, 2018, 11:03:06 pm »
Basil tends to buy houses when shopping for milk.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #22455 on: 30 December, 2018, 11:06:43 pm »

What is shape wear?

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #22456 on: 30 December, 2018, 11:12:31 pm »
Sitting on the sofa annoying the two cats, by moving slightly so that their little paws aren't touching me.  This makes them resettle and want a little fuss.  There are visitors at the moment so they are hiding when the visitors are here.

Played a little xbox, tomb raider and then single player zombie killing.  Then decided to watch the ultimate christmas movie....Die hard.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #22457 on: 31 December, 2018, 07:30:12 am »
Having breakfast before the last delivery of 2018!

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #22458 on: 31 December, 2018, 07:33:13 am »

What is shape wear?

My understanding is THIS . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

lou boutin

« Reply #22459 on: 31 December, 2018, 09:08:22 am »

What is shape wear?

That is right. I have put on a bit of weight over christmas.  Diet starts today.

lou boutin

« Reply #22460 on: 31 December, 2018, 09:19:41 am »
I am watching Bangkok Airport whilst sitting in bed drinking coffee.  Basically I am scaring myself silly about all the things that can go wrong when flying.  I know that most of it wont happen when you arrive on time and do not lose your ticket, passport or boarding pass, and you do not get drunk either in the airport or onboard the plane.  Hopefully these wont be an issue for me (barring travel issues to Birmingham international)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22461 on: 31 December, 2018, 09:33:01 am »
Check out TheFlightChannel on YouTube if you really want to be scared silly about flying.

As for me, I'm watching the rain. Last ride of 2017 was on New Year's Eve, but this year looks like a write-off.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ian

« Reply #22462 on: 31 December, 2018, 05:10:48 pm »
Or just ask about my flight horror stories. I've flipped over, emergency descended, slid off runways, you name it. I have colleagues who refuse to get on the same plane. It's their mistake because I'm deathproof.

For reasons, we're actually not hiding this NYE, and are going out to the local pub. Which will either be awful or great, but apparently we're on the 'guest list' so have to go (says wife, though the guest list is merely people the landlord recognizes).

lou boutin

« Reply #22463 on: 31 December, 2018, 06:10:54 pm »
Oh eck!

Happy New Year everyone

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22464 on: 31 December, 2018, 08:33:41 pm »

What is shape wear?

That is right. I have put on a bit of weight over christmas.  Diet starts today.

Newspeak for Foundation Garments of old - tight Lycra to placate somebody.

« Reply #22465 on: 31 December, 2018, 09:18:41 pm »
I'm at home, ironing. I have my 6yr old nephew upstair for a sleep over because his parents are hosting ~25 for a NYE party complete with a roast diner and a keg of beer. As my sister put it, the meal is only to put solids in the stomach and delay the drunkenness.

Must thank next door for the firework display earlier as it was much appreciated by my nephew.

« Reply #22466 on: 01 January, 2019, 11:11:59 am »
Starting the first shopping list of 2019.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #22467 on: 01 January, 2019, 02:06:18 pm »
Undecorating the Christmas tree. 

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #22468 on: 01 January, 2019, 03:41:29 pm »

That's a bit premature isn't it ? - surely Jan 5 or 6 (people argue over the date) is the day .... although we spent one Christmas in Boston, USA and the bloke in the next apartment checked out his tree at 1000 on Boxing Day.

Rob

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #22469 on: 01 January, 2019, 04:09:13 pm »
We do ours on 1 Jan as well (in the afternoon, we're not monsters).
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #22470 on: 01 January, 2019, 04:39:18 pm »

That's a bit premature isn't it ? - surely Jan 5 or 6 (people argue over the date) is the day .... although we spent one Christmas in Boston, USA and the bloke in the next apartment checked out his tree at 1000 on Boxing Day.

Rob

We don't do tradition.  So logically,  decs come down when we've had enough of them. We leave it until after N.Y.E. as we usually invite folks round for drinks.
My Laphroaig and Talisker remained hidden.  :-X

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #22471 on: 01 January, 2019, 04:52:03 pm »
Sitting at home having made up with #1 cat*. We've been away for Xmas and the cats have been fed by a neighbour - they're both hardy outdoor types - but the guilt being heaped on is palpable.

*#2 cat hasn't appeared but it won't be long.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

lou boutin

« Reply #22472 on: 01 January, 2019, 06:11:57 pm »
Removing Christmas lights from the Windows and taking down most of the decorations.  I will leave one or two decorating up until the 5th

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22473 on: 02 January, 2019, 07:32:24 am »
The 5th being a Saaturday, that's probably when ours will happen
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22474 on: 02 January, 2019, 09:39:56 am »
We're just going to remove a few baubles a day, from about Saturday through to the end of January. Don't see any point in making it a time-consuming chore.

Back when we had real trees I used to slit open a 130-litre garden waste bag, lay it out flat on the floor and put the tree in the middle. The bag then got scrunched up round the base and hidden with tinsel etc. When we started removing the decorations we'd flatten out the bag again to catch the needles then demolish the remains with secateurs.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight