Author Topic: ACME Club Run, (open to all)  (Read 19223 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: ACME Club Run, (open to all)
« Reply #25 on: 27 October, 2022, 11:37:24 am »
If anyone in so inclined and wishes to validate the Essex 3Rs 100k it will be my first venture in to using e-brevet for a calendar ride, event brevet to download is 22-304

I think you will find 22-340 will work better! I just had a quick go at downloading and it looks fine.
Reminder for ebrevet novices - check your password before you start, easily done via the "test credentials" option on the menu.
Thanks for proof reading and finding the deliberate(!) typo, corrected in original post  :thumbsup:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #26 on: 27 October, 2022, 11:42:45 am »
I will aim to join you for breakfast and for the first part of the ride - I think this version goes to Abberton first which is a good jumping off point for me.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #27 on: 28 October, 2022, 01:37:36 pm »
Is anyone out on the club run this Saturday? (Bearing in mind several of us will be on Huggy's Helpers' Ride/route check of the 3Rs.) Otherwise Sunday morning might be an option?

I’m on dad duties this weekend so won’t be out on Saturday or Sunday unfortunately…

« Reply #28 on: 28 October, 2022, 07:48:14 pm »
Is anyone out on the club run this Saturday? (Bearing in mind several of us will be on Huggy's Helpers' Ride/route check of the 3Rs.) Otherwise Sunday morning might be an option?

I will be out as long as it’s not too wet.  I will head for ‘spoons anyway and then route as appropriate from there.  If no one else turns up for a club run then I am more than happy to loop back home again via a cafe or two.

« Reply #29 on: 28 October, 2022, 08:31:37 pm »
I will be out as long as it’s not too wet. 

BBC Weather says it'll be dry, you'll be fine  ;D

I'm heading down to the South Downs for some off-road hills. Making the most of the fair conditions.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: 28 October, 2022, 08:34:48 pm »
The 3Rs Helpers will be at the 'spoons from about 09:00, leaving around 10:00 probably. As Mr Shred has pointed out, we go via Abberton Reservoir; from there to Maldon, then down to Latchingdon before turning for home via Stock. Abberton cafe (Essex Wildlife Trust) would be the obvious destination for elevenses, otherwise maybe the Steam Pump Tea Room at the Museum of Power, Langford, The Lock (Wilkins) at Heybridge Basin or Maldon itself (too many options to list).

« Reply #31 on: 29 October, 2022, 10:58:48 am »
I’ve used e brevet a few times - don’t mind giving it a go. I’d best enter too

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #32 on: 29 October, 2022, 03:01:49 pm »

I’m up for a little spin tomorrow (Sunday) morning. I shall be on fixed so would like to avoid The Mighty North Hill. Is anyone else about?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: 03 November, 2022, 02:26:18 pm »
If anyone wants a morning ride on Saturday, and they aren't on the 3Rs 100km, they could join some of the helpers who will be going out for a short ride from just after 10:00. Somewhere near-ish for elevenses, then back for the arrivée at lunchtime onwards from about 13:00. Venue and route tbc, but maybe Abberton Reservoir cafe, using the 3Rs route or a circuitous way to Tiptree and a more direct return?

felstedrider

« Reply #34 on: 03 November, 2022, 08:04:02 pm »
We get home from hols late Friday evening,

I’ll be riding R&R on Saturday but will be arriving late as I’m faffing around first thing.  I’m validating using E-Brevet do no need to hang around but I might see some of you as I try to catch up with the other riders.

If not see you at the finish.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: 10 November, 2022, 08:13:54 am »
Anyone riding this Saturday?

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #36 on: 10 November, 2022, 10:11:57 am »
Would be tempted but as I have arranged to borrow a ladder from the neighbour to do my gutters I'd better make use of it.
(Anyone not fancying a ride and wanting to hold the bottom of the ladder let me know  ;D ::-)  but note I'm in Ipswich
   srsly, ladder will be braced against (i) fence, (ii) wall and (iii) cunning combi of rope tied to the lader and to a batten inside the window)
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #37 on: 10 November, 2022, 09:46:23 pm »
Anyone riding this Saturday?
Planning to be

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: 11 November, 2022, 07:40:47 am »
We've been north three weeks ago, then the 3Rs territory x 2, so either west or easterly this time: off the top of my head, how about Brett's at White Roding as a destination for elevenses? I haven't been there for ages - they do good breakfasts, plus the usual selection of cakes etc.

If (north) east is best, then another place I've not visited in a long while is the Mill Race Garden centre at Aldham.

« Reply #39 on: 11 November, 2022, 12:00:04 pm »
I'm hoping to be there...
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #40 on: 11 November, 2022, 01:16:42 pm »
I’ve had a flu lergy for the last few days so I’m not out this week :(

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #41 on: 11 November, 2022, 06:16:00 pm »
9:30ish departure from 'spoons to get to elevenses?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: 11 November, 2022, 07:27:51 pm »

:thumbsup: Depending on which cafe we fancy, it's about 20 miles minimum each way to Brett's (more with variations out and back); Mill Race Garden Centre is much shorter, but more scope for 'Lupins'  ::-) ...

« Reply #43 on: 11 November, 2022, 07:35:07 pm »
09:30 works for me (and the dog)  :thumbsup:

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #44 on: 11 November, 2022, 07:35:26 pm »
I want to be there, but I am still waiting on spare parts for the bike.  Don’t ask, I am now on the third attempt at procuring some replacement  spokes.  Second failure wasn’t my fault, honest.  I really should get the summer bike out and head over on that.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #45 on: 11 November, 2022, 08:40:31 pm »

:thumbsup: Depending on which cafe we fancy, it's about 20 miles minimum each way to Brett's (more with variations out and back); Mill Race Garden Centre is much shorter, but more scope for 'Lupins'  ::-) ...
I did some plotting
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41419791
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41419842 A smidge over 20 miles going non-direct
Or happy to follow a wheel

« Reply #46 on: 12 November, 2022, 12:52:28 pm »
I was riding into witham blunts hall way as you lot were cycling out. Thought would be a good picture from helmet cam but annoyingly had set too high, also set too high to get decent footage of the stupid lady driver who had to abort an overtake and squeeze me

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: 12 November, 2022, 03:33:52 pm »
I was riding into witham blunts hall way as you lot were cycling out. Thought would be a good picture from helmet cam but annoyingly had set too high, also set too high to get decent footage of the stupid lady driver who had to abort an overtake and squeeze me

Sorry I didn't spot you - next time? Myself, Huggy, Andy C33333, Carlosfandango and Grey Sheep headed out (WEST, I had to keep reminding myself) to Bretts at White Roding, where we enjoyed CAEK al-fresco (while fighting off whiteflies from the garden centre). It was busy with all sorts including several groups of cyclists, and with our special needs (caffeine-, gluten-free), confused the staff a tad. I may have been a bad influence, as we couldn't just ride past the Spiritual Home on the return trip, though some resisted temptation ...

« Reply #48 on: 12 November, 2022, 03:50:34 pm »
Ah you acknowledged me but obviously didn't realise who it was. It's definitely my intention to get along to some of the rides with you guys

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #49 on: 12 November, 2022, 05:48:13 pm »

Sorry I didn't spot you - next time? Myself, Huggy, Andy C33333, Carlosfandango and Grey Sheep headed out (WEST, I had to keep reminding myself) to Bretts at White Roding, where we enjoyed CAEK al-fresco (while fighting off whiteflies from the garden centre). It was busy with all sorts including several groups of cyclists, and with our special needs (caffeine-, gluten-free), confused the staff a tad. I may have been a bad influence, as we couldn't just ride past the Spiritual Home on the return trip, though some resisted temptation ...

Cracking day for it, Jef and I hit the trails and I expected to be more muddy that it was, deer, sunshine, coffee, pastie and cake at Megarrys (Blackmore) then more off-road to a couple of pints at Chelmsford Brewery before heading home  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen