Author Topic: Old Roads & Drove Roads 200 2024  (Read 360 times)

iddu

• Are we there yet?
Old Roads & Drove Roads 200 2024
« on: 01 April, 2024, 11:55:01 pm »
And...we're up..

24th Aug.

Did a trundle collecting new info Q&A's, mostly dry with a couple of 5-min showers.

SPTA was closed (first time that's been issue) so had to skip that bit - couldn't hear any Badda-BOOM!, so they were just "Well we can..."

Imber was open and full of free-range jaywalkers thobut, so that was fine.   Couple of squadies in a 7(?)-metre 8-wheeler were towing same again from Heytesbury thru Imber - Good Luck with that at the T-junction &  ramed parking random car abandonment, but hey, they could just drive over the top of  :demon:

Obligatory last of the climbing / sunset snap...looking back over over the twin b'stards of Clyfe Pyepard & Hackpen Hill ridges

(What?  Not enough that you did them during a 300 on Fri, you came back on the Mon?  Yer a glutton for punishment / not wired up right, m'boy...  ;D )

Had to sacrifice a Boy Scout / build a temporary bridge on his head, which lasted just long enough to skip over - about 6 feet wide & 18-inch trench in the middle, so no way was I gonna ride it and fall in.

(Last year: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=125928.msg2810879;topicseen#msg2810879)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Re: Old Roads & Drove Roads 200 2024
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2024, 09:38:11 am »
Good timing. I had a late one on Sundayb so didn't end up going down to ride Imber. Would be nice to do it during an event.

Re: Old Roads & Drove Roads 200 2024
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:39:51 pm »
Love this event, one of the best Audaxes in the calendar  :thumbsup:
Does not play well with others