Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2945832 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Beardy

• Shedist
Fasting while hungover is unpleasant. Thatisall
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Storm Area 51: US Air Force warns over Facebook event.  What could possibly go wrong?

Meanwhile...   ;D

Depending on which bits of what was Outremer they try to "reclaim", I think the local response is going to be something on a theme of  להרוג אותם. אלוהים יודע מי הם. or قتلهم. الله يعلم من هم.   :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

hellymedic

• Just do it!
TBH, technology being what it is, you'd think it would be possible to enter measurements (in a unit of your choice) into a website and receive custom-molished clothing that actually fits by return of post.

Presumably that's less profitable than ill-fitting clothes mass produced by sweatshop labour...

To be fair, my M&S knickers fit fine and I don't really need to recourse to custom molishment.

I'd just like actual size to be specified in the shop and on the shelf/peg.

If they can specify dimensions for the ruskies, why can't they do this for ME?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Yebbut you're assuming the measurement in the Russian knickers is an actual measurement in real units, rather than a customary reference in the local equivalent of trouser inches or barleycorns.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Indeed but the figures given were a range I would expect to correspond to the size specified (though a height range for bikini briefs is just about redundant).

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Storm Area 51: US Air Force warns over Facebook eventWhat could possibly go wrong?

For whom?  It would make one hell of a late-night Dr. Pepper advert.  :demon:

Though chances are that all it will amount to will be ten stoners with tie-dye shirts and a woman who can "talk to aliens" rocking up and being told to piss off, because all the good stuff was moved to Area 52, and no, they are not saying where that is.  ;D

More seriously though, look up the tinfoilism surrounding the Jade Helm exercise in 2015, and you'll see why this sort of thing is closely monitored.

I'm not sure how far it is from the nearest public highway to Groom Lake AFB but I understand it gets quite warm in the Nevada desert in mid-summer.  I expect 3/4 of them to keel over with sunstroke and/or dehydration long before the Cammo Dudes get to open fire :demon:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Wot a shame.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
A graduation ceremony from play school with gowns and mortar boards.

What is going on in the world?

What, where and what the actual...?  :o ??? :facepalm:

It's failing its sanity saving dice roll by ever increasing margins, that's what.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Beardy

• Shedist
I have vague rememberances of the children of one of my nephews ‘graduating’ from play school a year or two back. Mind ewe that was in Dorking and they do think they’re something out that way.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I bet they have 'proms' too.

That rot was setting in just as I left school.

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Americans graduated from Kindergarten decades ago.
Americans had elaborate prom balls for school leavers

Americans grate again
and we copy them.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
A friend of mine's son had a graduation from his preschool, in the manner described above. Seeing as he's 14 now, that'll be 9 or 10 5 years ago. They live 15 miles from Dorking, if that helps to triangulate the problem.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I've just spotted a BEAR over by the bins across the road.

You sure it wasn't an extremely dishevelled P.S.O.?

Cudzoziemiec

...looking for a marmalade sandwich?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

You sure it wasn't an extremely dishevelled P.S.O.?

Nahh, they've all gone home.

...looking for a marmalade sandwich?

Entirely possible.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
This evening I shall be dining at LMNH, 49, Old Street, That London, from about 7pm. I will head towards Euston for the sleeper around 9pm.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Bon voyage

ian

With the heat-induced decline in clothing surface area, I'm pleased to announce the commencement of bad tattoo season. Yay. There was a woman ahead of me in the queue in M&S for my lunch who had stars tattooed on the back of her neck. Five of them, but only three where filled in, like she'd give herself a fairly mediocre review.

Then there's someone on the mothership who I noted has 'Daddy' tattooed on her foot. Mildly creepy, you may think, but I noticed then that it actually says

Daddy
loves me

Which is a bit, erm, odd.

You have Ivanka as an intern ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Cudzoziemiec

Might be all sorts of reasons for that, such as that he truly did or alternatively really didn't.

Mr Pacey is outside again. Up & down with headphones on & his hands behind his back.   It was raining & blowing a hoolie the other night, he was out there with a brolly.    I suspect some form of coping strategy & hope it works for the poor chap.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark