Author Topic: How big is a region on Komoot?  (Read 2731 times)

How big is a region on Komoot?
« on: 08 October, 2020, 11:06:03 pm »
As the title says. Komoot have been advertising a bit so I clicked on the link. First region free it says but no way of finding out what they call a region and the query to ask about regions just gives an offer of a large chunk of Europe for 30€. Be nice to know what you're signing uo to!

So can anyone tell me what Komoot's regions consist of, please?

Thanks .

Re: How big is a region on Komoot?
« Reply #1 on: 09 October, 2020, 12:00:47 am »
I wasted my Free Region on "East Devon" which I was on my way out of at the time.

In the iPhone app if I go to More and tap the packages option on Maps I get the chance to buy "London" (a single region) for £2.99 and "London-Bedford-Buckinghamshire" (multiple regions) for £7.99. Which is more than a quarter of the price of the whole world (£29.99).

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2 on: 09 October, 2020, 07:17:34 am »
The 'local' region maps are certainly poor value for money if bought individually.

I got the Canterbury-Dover region free when I signed up. To add the neighbouring Gillingham, Maidstone and Ashford-Folkestone regions, it's £3.99 each, but the whole Kent region bundle is £8.99.

I guess what's best for you depends on your individual needs. There wouldn't be much point me buying the whole world right now. The Kent bundle is more than adequate to cover the extent of my cycling this year.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3 on: 09 October, 2020, 07:53:57 am »
When I signed up earlier this year, I got a free region with the normal signup process, then a free region bundle from the CTC code. I live at the edge of a region bundle, where I work is in the next one over, so I took the free region to be that one, then the region bundle where I actually live. It seems free region bundle codes are generally available (when I signed up there were also a couple of reviews that had them), and as a user I can generate a free bundle code for someone to sign up with.

A couple of weeks after signing up they sent me an offer of the whole world for £19.99.

To check what is in each, you need to do go to this page https://www.komoot.com/product/regions , then search for a place using the search box (not zooming the map). It'll then show you on the map the region it is in, and the region bundle it is in.

Edit: do a search for "komoot free region bundle", and sites with codes will come up - e.g. https://outbiking.co.uk/komoot-free-region/

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4 on: 09 October, 2020, 08:24:17 am »
Edit: do a search for "komoot free region bundle", and sites with codes will come up - e.g. https://outbiking.co.uk/komoot-free-region/

<gets excited>

<investigates>

<reads “*new customers only”>

<goes back to bed>

Gah!
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #5 on: 09 October, 2020, 08:53:51 am »
Try using the code anyway. You can only have one free region bundle though.