Author Topic: SiS Beta Fuel  (Read 2678 times)

simonp

SiS Beta Fuel
« on: 01 August, 2018, 01:23:29 pm »
Well, I'll give it a try. I've ordered some sachets.

Seems to be much higher concentration than my current fuel powder of choice, Torq Energy.

One big advantage for me is that I could be tested at rowing events, and Torq Energy isn't batch tested, whereas SiS products are.

Re: SiS Beta Fuel
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2018, 01:27:36 pm »
I've been hearing about that on the Trainer Road podcast. Supposedly it's a perfect mix between glucose and sucrose, which allows you to absorb more calories per hour without tummy troubles. I guess that's why it's higher concentration than your previous stuff.
The TR guys seem to like it - I'll be interested to hear what you think.

simonp

« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2018, 01:46:13 pm »
Glucose and fructose. Not a new concept and torq energy has the same ratio. However it’s alleged by SiS to be 2.5x more concentrated nonetheless. In the torq system you add bars and gels on top. That’s a faff.

If it arrives before the weekend I have 2.5h of water time on Saturday with lots of intensity so I’ll be trying it out.

« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2018, 02:02:04 pm »
Glucose and fructose.
:facepalm:

I knew that. It sounds simpler to just use a drink, rather than adding bars and gels and things. (Obviously this is where real food wouldn't work, otherwise why not use that.) Let us know how you get on.