Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 592451 times)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #4175 on: 31 August, 2022, 07:54:19 pm »
Someone at the entrance / exit of a bike parking area;
Probably me at Hessle.

Yes, it was your name I had in mind, but was not confident enough of that...
Thanks.

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #4176 on: 31 August, 2022, 11:15:49 pm »
It was a festival of meeting friends - one of the reasons I enjoyed the start gate marshal role was talking to almost everyone. Oh, and shouting a lot. I liked the shouting.

« Reply #4177 on: 31 August, 2022, 11:29:16 pm »
It was a festival of meeting friends - one of the reasons I enjoyed the start gate marshal role was talking to almost everyone. Oh, and shouting a lot. I liked the shouting.
You are a Vogon guard AICMFP.
Rust never sleeps

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #4178 on: 01 September, 2022, 12:05:22 am »
It was the low-slung stun ray holster provided by Danial that sold the job

« Reply #4179 on: 01 September, 2022, 12:02:36 pm »
It's always nice to have it affirmed that one is amongst like-minded individuals.
Rust never sleeps

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #4180 on: 01 September, 2022, 01:01:03 pm »
I spotted a YACF jersey in the wild on Sunday morning between Shortwood and Pucklechurch in South Gloucestershire, a good chance they're someone who uses this forum?
Think that might have been me if it was a red YACF top  :thumbsup:

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #4181 on: 01 September, 2022, 01:03:41 pm »
I met too many to mention on LEL.

I was wearing a red YACY gillet and red YACF top some of the time.
My memory has grown hazy of all those I met.
I can remember:

Mr Larrington at the start, and at some control far from Larrington Towers;
Someone at the entrance / exit of a bike parking area;
The Rev G. at the secret control;
Hummers onna motorbike (more than once?) and I think at Eskdalemuir;
AlfaPete lending me a light at some control where my charge cable had broken;
Another rider inna green YACF jersey, name lost like tears in the rain;
Charlotte at the end.

And others I have missed.

Oh, and obviously IanDG at some control too...
I think we chatted a bit on the route out of Louth (we'd both encountered a dodgy van driver), I had a black audax Bristol top on

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #4182 on: 01 September, 2022, 07:34:06 pm »
I met too many to mention on LEL.
I think we chatted a bit on the route out of Louth (we'd both encountered a dodgy van driver), I had a black audax Bristol top on

Yes, that sounds right. Hi!

felstedrider

« Reply #4183 on: 11 September, 2022, 07:54:38 pm »
Adamski at Parkrun yesterday.

Howdee at a local 10k this morning.

(The first one was pre-planned so maybe doesn’t count.)

« Reply #4184 on: 25 September, 2022, 12:07:03 am »
Streetmachine on Ashmore rd.
Feat Kim
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4185 on: 26 September, 2022, 07:43:59 am »
Possible forumite near Shippea Hill yesterday, I was on the S40, them on roadbi,especially, wearing a 2017 LEL Jersey  from a brief exchange, they also did this year
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #4186 on: 06 December, 2022, 09:42:04 pm »
Sat next to Oraloon at a recent D&G CTC AGM and didn't realise it was him until a month later  ;D

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #4187 on: 07 December, 2022, 04:55:23 pm »
There's someone in Fordoun who rides a recumbent with a yellow flag. No idea if they're on this forum. I suppose not every recumbent rider is OTP, but I do sometimes wonder if it's someone I would know by a forum name.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #4188 on: 18 January, 2023, 11:34:54 am »
Not sure if they're on here but had a quick chat with some bike training instructors under instruction as we're using my road for practice and I was fitting new battery to my car

« Reply #4189 on: 08 February, 2023, 05:25:31 pm »
Cycling by Hyde Park, when another cyclist struck up a conversation (about my lack of gloves) We were both riding e-bikes. There was something familiar about the other cyclist, the accent, the glasses the camera on his hat. So I asked are you Cycling Mikey? and he was indeed. We had a very pleasant chat all the way to Shepherds Bush. It's the first time I've had an extended chat with someone else riding an e-bike. It was very civilised and very enjoyable.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4191 on: 23 February, 2023, 12:36:05 pm »
Not sure which of those volleys is Gerwinium, but when you've spent 99% of your life as a subj of Mrs Queen, reading a sentence that begins "The King has..." makes you think you must be reading something written pre-1952. Possibly one of those Just William books you read as a small child, for instance, in which it was essential to know how many shillings in a half-crown. No, not that sort of crown.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4192 on: 23 February, 2023, 12:55:56 pm »
He's the one on the right, and is exempt from royal subjugation (at least by our royals), on account of being a FOREIGN.  He doesn't normally get to serve food in front of visiting dignitaries, but his usual job involves chopping tomatoes and stuff, so...

reading a sentence that begins "The King has..." makes you think you must be reading something written pre-1952

Yes.  Its like having a male prime minister, only with a stronger suggestion that there might be dragons and castles and things later in the story.  (Something John Major overlooked with his Back To Basics campaign.)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4193 on: 23 February, 2023, 03:40:59 pm »
Yes.  Its like having a male prime minister, only with a stronger suggestion that there might be dragons and castles and things later in the story.  (Something John Major overlooked with his Back To Basics campaign.)
Now there's a way of thinking of it. As I was basically ABROAD fraternizing with the FOREIGNS for the entirety of the Blair years, the last male prime minister while I was present, was Major. Obviously Cameron and Johnson were male, but were they really prime ministers? Not that May and Truss did any better on that front.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4194 on: 23 February, 2023, 05:49:56 pm »
He's the one on the right, and is exempt from royal subjugation (at least by our royals), on account of being a FOREIGN.  He doesn't normally get to serve food in front of visiting dignitaries, but his usual job involves chopping tomatoes and stuff, so...

…which in our case we have not got?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #4195 on: 18 March, 2023, 05:26:02 pm »
Had a nice chat with De Sisti on a ride today, previously only known to me by their *real* name  :o

« Reply #4196 on: 20 March, 2023, 04:14:21 pm »
Woah, is that a recumbent ... riding up the bristol rd toward the lickeys?

... nevermind, it's a Streetmachine and the rider is waring a black cap, so it must be Kim.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #4197 on: 21 April, 2023, 01:42:19 pm »
Ran into Cycling Mikey again last night. However I forgot yesterday was 4.20, so Hyde Park was full of kids smoking weed, so the police closed the entrances to the park, resulting in a bit of detour so I was running late to pick up my daughter, so only got to nod hello and had to fly off as fast my legs and power assist could carry me.

« Reply #4198 on: 28 April, 2023, 09:10:33 am »
Ok, this is technically third party reporting but anyway:

Chatting with a colleague yesterday morning who reported spotting  a chap on a trike while riding round the Otterburn ranges earlier this week. After describing said chap, trike & considerable rate of progress, I believe it must have been the good Mr Aidan.f of this parish. Probably route checking next weekends Chevy Chase 200K.

« Reply #4199 on: 02 June, 2023, 09:03:59 am »
The talk of regular cycle commutes from Basingstoke to London and the weekend 600km strongly suggest this belongs here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65779925