Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1576393 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #125 on: 14 May, 2011, 08:56:09 am »
Autotrader dealers/sellers: If I am looking for a low mileage car and I select the <40,000 mile option, why do you insist on listing your epically worn out vehicles as 112 miles instead of 112,000??? Not only does it fill up my search with erroneous vehicles that I wouldn't touch with a bargepole, but it also makes you look like a bunch of shysters.

Autotrader, I've written to you before about this, as it does your standing no good to allow this to happen.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #126 on: 14 May, 2011, 01:18:27 pm »
Something went wrong with the front door lock two weekends back while I was away, and the locksmith left one key for me with a neighbour.  She told me he'd got more cut but some of them didn't work.  Anyway, landlord says get a spare cut and he'll pay. So I go round to Barnitts, the place I trust best for that sort of thing, and got two cut today.

Neither work.  The chap did say as he handed my original back, that it looked damaged - but it's the one that works, and works fine!

Will have to nip back and see what they can do - this could run and run.  The locksmith had been to Timpsons originally, but I chose Barnitts because they are a proper hardware shop. It's annoying, if I have to keep going back and forth...

Funny, as I was posting, there was a knock at the door and it was my neighbour, checking if I had a key, as they do cheaper prices for 2 or 3 at Timpsons. So we're going round together later to see what can be done.

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #127 on: 14 May, 2011, 01:45:16 pm »
Leave the neighbour in the house and take the lock with you.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #128 on: 14 May, 2011, 02:35:06 pm »
Mental image of Arch, on recumbent, with a front door....
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

LindaG

« Reply #129 on: 14 May, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »
I must have had the same conversation, word for word, about 20 times this week. 

Haven't seen you for ages!

No, I've been off sick for a while.  But I'm much better now.

Have you been ill?

Not really.  Got knocked off the bike.  But I'm much better now thanks.

Were you wearing your helmet?

Yes.

Good.  Lots of people don't, you know, and it's stupid.  My ********* was knocked off the bike.  S/he died/lost a limb/went blind/had a brain injury and was never the same again.  The roads are so dangerous I don't think you should cycle round here.  Are you back on your bike then?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Good job I'm off for a couple of weeks' holiday.  It'll give me a chance to pre-record the conversation, they can listen to it while I get on with my work. 

« Reply #130 on: 14 May, 2011, 05:10:20 pm »
Mental image of Arch, on recumbent, with a front door....

;D

We got it sorted, by going to Timpsons.  According to my neighbour, the locksmith said Barnitts were rubbish for keys, which is a shame as they are our big local hardware/everything shop, and I like to give them custom.  While there I checked on the status of the oil filled radiator on order to replace the faulty one I took back, and was told it's just this week come into the warehouse, and they can deliver it Monday. I had a hard time persuading the chap that I'd rather pick it up, as I'll be at work all day Monday, and it's only round the corner....

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #131 on: 15 May, 2011, 06:20:39 pm »
Mum, please don't call me from your mobile especially when you have Biggles's portable handset phones (which do at least sound less shit).  The half-duplexing and GSM codec mean that there's dreadful distortion if there's noise at either of our ends while speaking or if we accidentally interrupt.  No wonder it was mashing my head and turning up my hearing aid didn't work. I am now surprisingly braindead from only a 10 minute phonecall... 

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #132 on: 16 May, 2011, 07:38:06 am »
Forgot it was bloody recycling day again, and the council chaps don't do like Arch's lot used to and grin in a mildly entertained manner when scarecrow headed householders stick their head out of the door and say "Oh shit, I forgot" before running off to find the box.  And because we now have 3 boxes and fortnightly collection you don't have time to sort and get the boxes out (because you have to carry them all the way round the back alley, because they will only collect from the front door) once they're in the street you haven't got time.  

And my neck and shoulder really hurt.  

« Reply #133 on: 16 May, 2011, 11:36:05 am »
DWP: Your promised 3-hour callback time limit has just been exceeded. I thought it would be...

Well, just got off the phone & my notes say they DID call back. Did they bollocks! I had the phone with me all afternoon.

Anyway, my claim has been authorised, so I am not so irked now. The callcentre drone admitted that this does happen quite often; i.e. they say they've called when they haven't... Quite brave of him, seeing as calls are recorded.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

barakta

« Reply #134 on: 16 May, 2011, 01:39:14 pm »
DWP: Your promised 3-hour callback time limit has just been exceeded. I thought it would be...

Well, just got off the phone & my notes say they DID call back. Did they bollocks! I had the phone with me all afternoon.

Anyway, my claim has been authorised, so I am not so irked now. The callcentre drone admitted that this does happen quite often; i.e. they say they've called when they haven't... Quite brave of him, seeing as calls are recorded.

Bet he's due to be sacked in the next 2 weeks then.

Like I say, jobcunterplus (bouleplusungood etc) are lying toerags but they almost always back down in the face of a good hearty GRINK and assertion that you bloody well were on time, available by phone, are incompetent etc.

Unlike HMRC who are stubborn own-FAIL-denialist twatbadgers of the highest order!

« Reply #135 on: 16 May, 2011, 01:47:26 pm »
Yep, I figured he must be on borrowed time, as he didn't sound the most engaged person I've ever dealt with, but refreshingly honest.

My claim had already been approved and ICBA to take it any further under those circumstances, especially seeing as my savings statement wasn't exactly what they'd asked for - and was an utter pain to get hold of.

Next stop the local council to get them off my back & to stop them - hopefully - shutting down my claim. Oh joy!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #136 on: 16 May, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »
Argh, my shouder muscles hurt and are hard as nails.
Somebody come and thwok me with a meat tenderiser plz?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

barakta

« Reply #137 on: 16 May, 2011, 08:53:59 pm »
The Warwickshire Lad, good luck!

Mrs Pingu, hot bath & cocodamol?

« Reply #138 on: 16 May, 2011, 08:55:19 pm »
I must have had the same conversation, word for word, about 20 times this week. 

Haven't seen you for ages!

No, I've been off sick for a while.  But I'm much better now.

Have you been ill?

Not really.  Got knocked off the bike.  But I'm much better now thanks.

Were you wearing your helmet?

Yes.

Good.  Lots of people don't, you know, and it's stupid.  My ********* was knocked off the bike.  S/he died/lost a limb/went blind/had a brain injury and was never the same again.  The roads are so dangerous I don't think you should cycle round here.  Are you back on your bike then?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Good job I'm off for a couple of weeks' holiday.  It'll give me a chance to pre-record the conversation, they can listen to it while I get on with my work. 

Gods that would make me sooo angry. I think I would full-on rant in their face! Why do people believe the crap they are force-fed by the media so blindly ???

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #139 on: 16 May, 2011, 09:08:22 pm »
I haz neither of those things. I think what I need is a good massage to loosen it up a bit. Pingu doesn't do massaging though  :'(. I can haz personal soigneur (or soigneuse, I'm not fussy) ;)

barakta

« Reply #140 on: 16 May, 2011, 09:11:20 pm »
I haz neither of those things. I think what I need is a good massage to loosen it up a bit. Pingu doesn't do massaging though  :'(. I can haz personal soigneur (or soigneuse, I'm not fussy) ;)

Send pingu out to a chemist?  lying flat on the floor and stretching can help as can bending over and just floppnig a bit.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #141 on: 16 May, 2011, 09:16:33 pm »
Am currently poking my fingers in there as hard as I can cope with and wondering when I can subject myself for a remedial session.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #142 on: 16 May, 2011, 09:23:46 pm »
Am currently poking my fingers in there as hard as I can cope with and wondering when I can subject myself for a remedial session.
Get Pingu to rub it with a tattie scone. Or a bridie...
Oh, you haven't eaten it, have you?  :facepalm:

GWS  :-*
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #143 on: 17 May, 2011, 10:28:18 am »
We shared it for yesterday's lunch. It was this - yum! :P

« Reply #144 on: 17 May, 2011, 09:33:45 pm »
The Warwickshire Lad, good luck!

Thanks, barakta!

As it happens, I got to speak to a real, honest Human BeingTM who was so pleasant I even got offered a glass of water (or tea or coffee) and we went through the various points. That's how it should be!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #145 on: 18 May, 2011, 10:49:58 am »
Very Minor Grumble:

Every day, I enjoy listening to (and half-heartedly taking part in) Ken Bruce's PopMaster quiz.  Afterwards, he always plays his Long Song, which is a classic track too long for normal airplay.  Frequent plays are the full version of Layla, Hotel California, a bit of Zep or Floyd, or parts of War Of the Worlds.

This morning, it was 10cc. >:(
Getting there...

« Reply #146 on: 18 May, 2011, 12:15:27 pm »
Which one? I can't think of anything they've done that would last longer than a standard pop track?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #147 on: 18 May, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »
They're not in love, apparently, but I didn't hang around to find out any more.  We've heard it all before ::-)

6'02" (according to Wikipedia) of dross
Getting there...

« Reply #148 on: 18 May, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »
I know it's seriously uncool to admit this, but I like 10cc
*runs and hides in shame*

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #149 on: 18 May, 2011, 01:50:25 pm »
Why is it uncool?