Author Topic: LEL - YACF control ?  (Read 10888 times)

border-rider

LEL - YACF control ?
« on: 02 December, 2008, 10:36:57 am »
Mel is on the lookout for people to run controls

How about YACF running one en masse ?

Hmmm ?

Re: YACF control ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 December, 2008, 10:39:34 am »

Interested!

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2008, 10:50:25 am »
What a splendid idea.  Whereabouts did you have in mind?
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

LouiseC

« Reply #3 on: 02 December, 2008, 10:56:30 am »
Mel is on the lookout for people to run controls

How about YACF running one en masse ?

Hmmm ?

Which Controls does Mel need controllers for? I will have time on my hands as decided not to ride now.

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #4 on: 02 December, 2008, 10:59:20 am »
Funnily enough I was planning on contacting someone about helping out at Dalkeith. But if there's a control needs a big turnout I'd be happy to sign up and we can all ride down/up!

LouiseC

« Reply #5 on: 02 December, 2008, 11:03:18 am »
Funnily enough I was planning on contacting someone about helping out at Dalkeith. But if there's a control needs a big turnout I'd be happy to sign up and we can all ride down/up!

Is it that "Controllers" are needed to run the Controls for LEL or volunteers to help out.

Really Ancien

« Reply #6 on: 02 December, 2008, 11:04:36 am »
I was thinking that people who are interested in the ride but don't want to do it might like to add a bit of atmosphere in the more interesting areas. I think that booking Langdon Beck or Alston YHA for a few days would give rider's individual supporters somewhere to head to and be a potential source of help if the Alston control needs support at peak. A hilly 200 could be contrived for the Saturday based on either of those two Youth hostels. The other potential area would be between Langholm and Innerleithen. it is important to match helper numbers to demand, the helpers have to be fed and slept after all.

Damon.

border-rider

« Reply #7 on: 02 December, 2008, 11:07:16 am »
I think as Damon says we should be guided by Mel's needs, but it was she who suggested that we might like to operate a control en masse.

I guess that there'll also be room for volunteers at other controls. 

border-rider

« Reply #8 on: 02 December, 2008, 11:08:41 am »

Is it that "Controllers" are needed to run the Controls for LEL or volunteers to help out.

Both, I believe

I shall go and make use of the new "Ask Mel a question" LEL FAQs thread

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #9 on: 02 December, 2008, 11:12:06 am »
What a fab idea.  :thumbsup:

I had mentioned to Mrs H about her 'volunteering' on the event.

H

« Reply #10 on: 02 December, 2008, 11:49:55 am »
Mrs D and I volunteered to help or run a control ages ago (initially late 2007.  Unfortunately getting a detailed response seems quite difficult.  We are hoping to be involved with a northern control (Canonbie / Eskdalemuir) to tie it in with some personal holiday before or after, and I've heard a rumour that we are pencilled in there.  But that was from a third party.

« Reply #11 on: 02 December, 2008, 09:07:37 pm »
Fr. reported that on the Committee Meeting Mel told that she's still short of one chef de controle for one of the controls. YACF taking over the organisation of that particular control could be a very good idea then.

« Reply #12 on: 03 December, 2008, 12:21:02 am »
I might be able to help out at a control. I'll have to plan next years rides first, then i will know for sure.
LEL hasn't done itself any favours by clashing with the Mersey 24, so I can't do anything on the weekend. I'll try and turn up at the Gamlingay or wherever control even if I have to go to work in the day, if only to say hello to riders. Unless I'm still tired after the Mersey 24.

« Reply #13 on: 03 December, 2008, 09:24:16 pm »

Interested!

I don't understand.  How are you going to ride it and control at the same time Tony?

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #14 on: 03 December, 2008, 10:42:44 pm »
I'd like to help out at the Thurlby control if required. I'm only down the road in Peterborough. If I'm not needed I might just loiter on the route with camera - maybe near the Morborne transmitter.
a great mind thinks alike

Martin

« Reply #15 on: 03 December, 2008, 10:44:41 pm »
I'd be up for a Gamlingay role.

« Reply #16 on: 04 December, 2008, 08:35:59 am »

Interested!

I don't understand.  How are you going to ride it and control at the same time Tony?

;D   

(I'm thinking of this as the Final Solution to my "deathwish" desire to ENTER in spite of it being probably full / my getting steadily slower and even more totally knackered!)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #17 on: 04 December, 2008, 10:16:52 am »
I have already volunteered my services for the Start / Finish, but could roam a bit if required.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #18 on: 04 December, 2008, 10:17:59 am »

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #19 on: 04 December, 2008, 10:19:18 am »
As I had mentioned previously my house will be available as a pit stop/sleeping place as it is very near the route as it passes through North Yorkshire.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #20 on: 04 December, 2008, 11:09:35 am »
I have already volunteered my services for the Start / Finish, but could roam a bit if required.

Who do you volunteer to? Is responding to this thread enough?

a great mind thinks alike

« Reply #21 on: 04 December, 2008, 11:30:24 am »

Who do you volunteer to? Is responding to this thread enough?

JT, I shall be seeing the LEL Organiser next week to help her with some things, in case she doesn't see the thread before then, PM me with your name and contact details and I shall offer your services officially.

The Mechanic

« Reply #22 on: 04 December, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »
I'd be up for a Gamlingay role.

oooerr missus

GlasgowDave

• Inside I'm smiling
    • Flickr Audax Group
« Reply #23 on: 04 December, 2008, 04:44:14 pm »
I was wondering about how to volunteer for a control too. Something in the Edinburgh or Borders area.

How do go about volunteering?

GD
it takes a special talent to miss out on the Midnight Madness by sleeping in...

« Reply #24 on: 04 December, 2008, 04:57:44 pm »
I was wondering about how to volunteer for a control too. Something in the Edinburgh or Borders area.

How do go about volunteering?

GD

Either contact Melita or the chef de contrĂ´le of the control you wish to volunteer.