Author Topic: LEL - YACF control ?  (Read 10889 times)

border-rider

Re: YACF control ?
« Reply #25 on: 04 December, 2008, 04:58:44 pm »
The YACF control etc was Mel's suggestion, so I'm hoping we'll get more info...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #26 on: 04 December, 2008, 05:03:25 pm »
I have a sofabed I could make available for sleeping people. It's slightly better than sleeping in a hedge, and I make good cakes. My flat is tiny though so I can't take all of you at once.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #27 on: 04 December, 2008, 05:51:40 pm »
I was wondering about how to volunteer for a control too. Something in the Edinburgh or Borders area.

How do go about volunteering?

GD

Either contact Melita or the chef de contrôle of the control you wish to volunteer.

*concentrates really hard*

No, not getting anything.  ::-)

So, how do you go about contacting Melita or the relevant chef de contrôle to volunteer?

a great mind thinks alike

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #28 on: 04 December, 2008, 06:29:25 pm »
Kirst/Tiermat:

Riders probably have to reach any accomodation under their own power:
the ACP representative wrote that leaving the route, cycling to your accomodation and after sleeping cycling back was completely acceptable behaviour. Using a car, however, from the route to the accomodation and back could cause problems since that's on the edge of the rules.

... so you better let folks know how far/long you are from the control/route if you want any tired/sweaty/grumpy/famished riders banging on your door at 3am.

(I have visions of airport-arrival-lounge style signs being held up at controls ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #29 on: 04 December, 2008, 07:05:10 pm »
I was wondering about how to volunteer for a control too. Something in the Edinburgh or Borders area.

How do go about volunteering?

GD

Either contact Melita or the chef de contrôle of the control you wish to volunteer.

*concentrates really hard*

No, not getting anything.  ::-)

So, how do you go about contacting Melita or the relevant chef de contrôle to volunteer?

Melita is available on this forum. Just mention your self in this thread, LEL FAQs - Questions for the organiser , which is especially for communication with Melita.

LEL

« Reply #30 on: 04 December, 2008, 09:08:52 pm »
I don't understand.  How are you going to ride it and control at the same time Tony?

easy - just does wot other riders did in 2005 - ride until knackered, give up at a control, volunteer  pressganged at control for rest of event.   Or in some cases, complete the event , then volunteer.

I will be putting together some info shortly for vols on this forum shortly - the response has been amazing  and the more questions / thoughts / suggestions /ideas you have, the easier it is for me to give out answers.

though do bear with me if i take a day or two to reply.

border-rider

« Reply #31 on: 04 December, 2008, 09:11:15 pm »
Thanks Mel

Your presence here is really appreciated, and I'm sure everyone understands that you are kind of busy right now :)

« Reply #32 on: 05 December, 2008, 08:24:25 am »
Your presence here is really appreciated, and I'm sure everyone understands that you are kind of busy right now

Yes, very much so, both things.

LEL

« Reply #33 on: 14 December, 2008, 05:53:02 pm »
I am currently finishing the  article for arrivee asking for the vols to step forward.

For those on this forum, i would be grateful if you could pm me after the drunken orgy  xmas  - we need volunteers at all controls, especially in the more remote northern end.  In the south, the controls (well, three of them) actually close for a few hours, so volunteers  are required in two shifts as it were.

If anyone wants to organise / coordinate a control, there are currently vacancies at Thorne and Gamlingay and half a vacancy at Coxwold (the 'set up' organiser has to go back to work mid event so someone needs to take over).  If you think you could manage this, or there are a group of you who would like to  do this toghether, please pm  me offline for further details - it is not as difficult as it sounds.

Volunteers are especially welcome during the week - many people work and this does place restrictions on folks availability.

LEL

« Reply #34 on: 14 December, 2008, 05:55:18 pm »
Sorry - forgot to say - the main list of duties is under the volunteers thread - just responding in this thread as well cos its relevent.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #35 on: 31 January, 2009, 06:35:38 pm »
Kirst/Tiermat:

Riders probably have to reach any accomodation under their own power:
the ACP representative wrote that leaving the route, cycling to your accomodation and after sleeping cycling back was completely acceptable behaviour. Using a car, however, from the route to the accomodation and back could cause problems since that's on the edge of the rules.

... so you better let folks know how far/long you are from the control/route if you want any tired/sweaty/grumpy/famished riders banging on your door at 3am.

(I have visions of airport-arrival-lounge style signs being held up at controls ... )

Without making myself vulnerable to internet stalkers, I'm in EH8 very close to St Leonards police station and the Royal Commonwealth pool.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

LEL

« Reply #36 on: 23 February, 2009, 10:20:39 pm »
I am still a Chief Controller short if anyone is interested?...............

It is not as complex as it sounds

PM me offline if you would like more details or an informal phone chat.

LEL

« Reply #37 on: 10 March, 2009, 10:22:40 am »
Hi Folks

Still appealing for volunteers?....

And a chief Controller?........

I have sent out a volunteer newsletter toady - if  anyone  does not receive  ne form me (or an email asking of rhtier postl adress, pleae pm me offline.

Many thanks

LEL

« Reply #38 on: 10 March, 2009, 10:36:39 am »
Dear All

Those who inidcated ont his thread I have pm'd offline to ask for their  snail mail addresses (not Blackpuddingonabike though - can't get his link to work)

If  I have missed you, can you please  send me an email with your address and I will then send out the  snail mail newlsetter and data sheet - you will see why its snail mal when you get it.

many thanks

Melita