Author Topic: Cameras - Again  (Read 1099 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Cameras - Again
« on: 23 September, 2021, 08:25:56 am »
posting anew thread on the assumption that none of the models in the old threads are still around anymore. 

I've just had an interim payment for one of my SMIDSY's and have a list of stuff for which the payment was earmarked, one of those including a camera (for better evidence of driver fuckwittedness amongst other things).

What is the general sense of the "best" cameras at the moment - high end / mid range.  Not interested in the cheapo options from certain retailers at <£100. Battery life would be somewhat important as an issue, as would ease of extraction of a specific portion of footage if needed.

Cheers all
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Re: Cameras - Again
« Reply #1 on: 23 September, 2021, 09:21:09 am »
Are you looking for on bike video cameras, after the fact snappers or both?

« Reply #2 on: 23 September, 2021, 09:53:44 am »
Try a Canon Digital Ixus 185 for £120.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2021, 10:24:40 am »
On-bike video cameras

I have a pocket digi camera for stills, or a phone of course.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #4 on: 23 September, 2021, 06:34:07 pm »
I have just ordered the Chilli Tech pro bullet cameras. £97 each or £87 each when buying 2. You can add a battery back for a recording time of 6 hours or 13 hours, depending on the size of battery pack. The battery packs are £20 for 2 of the smaller size, or £40 for 2 of the larger size. The internal battery will suffice for an hour, hence why the external battery makes sense.

The original version of these cameras was discussed in the tread https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=116155.msg2514877#msg2514877.

Details of the Pro Bullet Camera can be found at https://chilli-tech.com/content/pro-bullet-camera-for-cycling/

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #5 on: 25 September, 2021, 08:09:07 pm »
I've got cycliq fly 6 and 12.
Just set them up a couple of weeks ago, and had my first success last week.
They're expensive but seem to work OK. Battery life is 6-8 hours which is OK for most needs. Can use with a battery pack to get longer but not sure how practical that is, especially for the rear one.