Linked Events

• Audax - Saltire 200: 08 March, 2009

Author Topic: Saltire 200 Perm - 8th March  (Read 15538 times)

The Bairn

Re: Saltire 200 Perm - 8th March
« Reply #25 on: 04 February, 2009, 08:40:17 am »
Did you have to splint your arm using your pump and some zip ties?  :o

No.  To my eternal shame I didnt have any zip ties with me - I'm sure I'll be summarily dismissed from Audax Ecosse as a result.

However, given that I had little option but to push my bike home I did fashion a support out of a spare inner tube.  Unfortunately my neck ended up as black as the ace of spades as a result - not a good look.       

BTW, the waiting room in the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary at 2am was strangely reminiscent of Johstonebridge services.   

Fewer weirdos though.   :D

Hope to make it the 8th.

I'm now intrigued as to how you came to be using icy cyclepaths in the middle of the night ???

Nothing salacious I'm afraid.  Accident happened about 7.30pm on way home from work.  Evening spent trying alternative remedies such as beer.  Admitted defeat  later that night hence ther nocturnal ERI visit. 

« Reply #26 on: 04 February, 2009, 09:13:05 am »

Wishing you a good recovery, and some plusses to counteract the horrible frustration and annoyance.

the cormorant

« Reply #27 on: 06 February, 2009, 01:45:14 pm »
Count me in!

« Reply #28 on: 06 February, 2009, 07:49:55 pm »
Valkyrie, Count me in please. :thumbsup:

Neil.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
Re: Saltire 200 Perm - 7th or 8th March
« Reply #29 on: 08 February, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »
I'll see lurker OtherDave tomorrow, and see if he wants to join in.  :-\

I can bet the reply will be along the lines of "I'll maybe see what I'm doing, I'm not sure"  ;)
I remembered to ask otherDave today, on our club run:
Me: "so, Dave, do you think you'll be coming on this Saltire 200 then?"
OD: "  :-\ Well, I don't think there's much else on around then  :-\,  so maybe I might possibly think.... :-\ "
Noodley, from the back: "FFS, YES or NO!"
OD: "  :-[ well, yes, then"

Result.  :thumbsup:
Add him in, please, valkyrie.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #30 on: 08 February, 2009, 05:46:56 pm »
So Cyclops, what would you prefer to do about cards?  Do an Applebag-midnight-madness and dish them out on the day or should we get our cards from you before the event?

« Reply #31 on: 09 February, 2009, 09:12:15 am »
So Cyclops, what would you prefer to do about cards?  Do an Applebag-midnight-madness and dish them out on the day or should we get our cards from you before the event?

Either, really. Some people have cards already. If you want to go for the 'Enter on the line' option just give me a completed entry form and £2 - don't bother with SAE's for return of the validated brevets as it'll just give me more to carry round the ride. I'll undoubtedly see you all many times throughout the year so I'll just hand back the validated brevets then if I don't have a SAE for you.
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

unrest

• Keep on keeping on/up
« Reply #32 on: 09 February, 2009, 10:01:21 pm »
Cyclops- please put me down for the Enter on the line option

Either, really. Some people have cards already. If you want to go for the 'Enter on the line' option just give me a completed entry form and £2 - don't bother with SAE's for return of the validated brevets as it'll just give me more to carry round the ride. I'll undoubtedly see you all many times throughout the year so I'll just hand back the validated brevets then if I don't have a SAE for you.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #33 on: 09 February, 2009, 11:04:34 pm »

To save you carting around the form, not to mention the added weight of £2 in your saddlebag, I'll just drop it off at your house some time before the run.

The Bairn

« Reply #34 on: 11 February, 2009, 01:11:45 pm »
Cyclops - entry form and £2 popped in the post yesterday.

I'm now as certain as I can be that I'll be sans plaster and therefore available.  :thumbsup:

Heaven only knows how slow I'll be though after a month off [a shameless early pitch for a place at the back of the group!].

« Reply #35 on: 11 February, 2009, 06:04:45 pm »
Heaven only knows how slow I'll be though after a month off [a shameless early pitch for a place at the back of the group!].

Fear not, given the motley crew that will be participating yours will not be the last claim of not having ridden for a while and to expect everyone to see you at the back....then bugger off up the road.  :-*

eck

• Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #36 on: 13 February, 2009, 06:35:45 pm »
Has the départ for this entertainment been decided yet? I take it Mrs Cyclops, and the neighbours of Chateau Cyclops, will not be enamoured of a dozen blethering cyclists milling about at stupid o'clock on a Sunday morning?

So, Musselburgh Toon Hall, as per usual?  :-\

This will be my first "proper" ride of the year, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Fear not, given the motley crew that will be participating yours will not be the last claim of not having ridden for a while
I've not been out much this year:-[

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #37 on: 13 February, 2009, 09:13:03 pm »
Has the départ for this entertainment been decided yet? I take it Mrs Cyclops, and the neighbours of Chateau Cyclops, will not be enamoured of a dozen blethering cyclists milling about at stupid o'clock on a Sunday morning?

So, Musselburgh Toon Hall, as per usual?  :-\

I've edited my original post to say 8am at the nearest newsagents to the old town hall.

I've not been out much this year:-[

There must be another yACF Club Member called Eck on BikeJournal then, eh? ::-)
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

« Reply #38 on: 14 February, 2009, 01:16:55 pm »
There must be another yACF Club Member called Eck on BikeJournal then, eh? ::-)

;D

« Reply #39 on: 14 February, 2009, 05:55:31 pm »
I'll have to own up. I'm one of the lurkers.

Mrs Fifer was listening to me bumping my gums about how it would be nice to do this run.
She got fed up listening so please count me in now.
 :thumbsup:

I too haven't got out much this year.... blah....blah..... yawn.

Cyclops. I'll sent a form and money in but could just get the card on the day.

« Reply #40 on: 02 March, 2009, 08:51:55 am »
By my reckoning everyone should now have cards apart from:

Eck
Mercury Kev
otherDave
RJMcB - paid but I still need an entry form

If you're coming along on Sunday and don't have a card and ain't on the above list let me know as I don't intend bringing along any more cards/routesheets than we need.

It also appears that several people who've entered weren't aware there were 3AAA points on offer so to allow you to whet your appetites for the suffering fun to come here's a route profile
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

« Reply #41 on: 02 March, 2009, 12:40:27 pm »

Really ?  Didn't stop you having a good day yesterday on the Dave Harris.  Did it ?     ;)

« Reply #42 on: 02 March, 2009, 07:27:28 pm »

Really ?  Didn't stop you having a good day yesterday on the Dave Harris.  Did it ?     

I may just have been a little economical with the truth earlier ::-)

I thought it was a great day out ( bar the rain and hailstones) and loved the pies at the end. :thumbsup:

eck

• Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #43 on: 02 March, 2009, 07:49:33 pm »

Really ?  Didn't stop you having a good day yesterday on the Dave Harris.  Did it ?     

I may just have been a little economical with the truth earlier ::-)
::-) Indeed. And are we to infer from this comment that you are planning another "good day" on the Saltire.  ???

GIT.  ;D

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #44 on: 02 March, 2009, 10:48:39 pm »

It also appears that several people who've entered weren't aware there were 3AAA points on offer so to allow you to whet your appetites for the suffering fun to come here's a route profile

Thanks for posting the profile.  I've been telling myself it's a nice, wee, soft 200 to start my year off.  At least the snow and wind will add a bit of variety to all those hills  :demon:

« Reply #45 on: 04 March, 2009, 07:43:59 pm »
Indeed. And are we to infer from this comment that you are planning another "good day" on the Saltire.

Another good day would be nice. :)

Thanks for posting the profile.  I've been telling myself it's a nice, wee, soft 200 to start my year off.  At least the snow and wind will add a bit of variety to all those hills

Any chance of snow and wind closing Redstone Rigg again? :) Not likely eh. :-[

« Reply #46 on: 06 March, 2009, 06:21:36 pm »
I see the forecast indicates we can expect 'seasonal weather'  :-X

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #47 on: 06 March, 2009, 07:02:59 pm »
I see the forecast indicates we can expect 'seasonal weather'  :-X

Yes, I particularly likes the phrase 'wintry gales'.

« Reply #48 on: 06 March, 2009, 07:12:38 pm »
Yes, I particularly likes the phrase 'wintry gales'.

I used to know "Fintry Gail" fae Dundee.  I'd rather endure Redsane Rigg in a wintry gale  ;)

« Reply #49 on: 07 March, 2009, 05:48:08 pm »
Sorry, I'm going to have to give this a miss.  I just don't feel up to it.

Enjoy those hills - they'll keep you warm if nothing else.  :D