Author Topic: Kennett Valley Run 200 (Feb 28th)  (Read 32504 times)

Chris S

Re: Kennett Valley Run 200 (Feb 28th)
« Reply #175 on: 06 March, 2009, 04:03:48 pm »
Probably Pewsey.

<teachers_pet>
The new One Way system was documented in the riders notes sheet, on the table at the start - complete with route round it (Left, R @ T, 2E at MRB, Left to rejoin outward route).

:)
</teachers_pet>

I just had to ignore my GPS when it started into "Where the F*ck are you going now?" mode ;).

LEE

« Reply #176 on: 06 March, 2009, 04:16:18 pm »

The new One Way system was documented in the riders notes sheet, on the table at the start

That would require that I paid attention and read stuff properly.

« Reply #177 on: 06 March, 2009, 04:20:23 pm »
I just had to ignore my GPS when it started into "Where the F*ck are you going now?" mode ;).

(Willy Warmer, not the KVR)

There's always a bunch of people stopped by the Pizza Express in Henley staring at routesheets and GPSes and thinking "It can't be through there, that's a car park." :)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

scottlington

• It's short for, erm....Bob!
« Reply #178 on: 06 March, 2009, 05:52:31 pm »
Strange you mention going down a one-way street the wrong way, so did we.

I can't remember where it was now though (other than it was on the return leg down a road we came up on the way out, so before Hungerford)

Did anyone else take this route?

I bet it was Patney and we turned too early.

I did too, along with a small group jusy behind me. Don't think the Land Rover coming up the one way street (the right direction) was too impressed...

scottlington

« Reply #179 on: 06 March, 2009, 05:59:06 pm »

<teachers_pet>
The new One Way system was documented in the riders notes sheet, on the table at the start - complete with route round it (Left, R @ T, 2E at MRB, Left to rejoin outward route).

</teachers_pet>

Girly swot!  :P

Chris S

« Reply #180 on: 06 March, 2009, 06:08:43 pm »

<teachers_pet>

</teachers_pet>

I did too, along with a small group jusy behind me. Don't think the Land Rover coming up the one way street (the right direction) was too impressed...

Lawbreaking crim   ;D

Bez

• Carpe Cerevisi.
« Reply #181 on: 06 March, 2009, 07:39:35 pm »
+1 as a lawbreaker  :( I wondered where the couple of riders behind me had gone but didn't actually meet any other traffic coming up.

scottlington

« Reply #182 on: 06 March, 2009, 08:42:00 pm »

<teachers_pet>

</teachers_pet>

Lawbreaking crim   ;D

touche!  ;D

« Reply #183 on: 07 March, 2009, 07:14:43 pm »
On the way to Bratton I thought of Hummers twice: when passing Studland Estates and seeing a sign for Juggs House (fnarr fnarr). 

I tried to explain Finbar Saunders to the graduate trainee the other day and just got blank looks as my reward

Liam