Where do you want to start?

Malmesbury
2 (22.2%)
Chepstow
2 (22.2%)
Cardiff
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Anybody for a deferred Malmesbury Mash?  (Read 10617 times)

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
Anybody for a deferred Malmesbury Mash?
« on: 08 February, 2009, 12:25:51 pm »
Now that I have the routesheet, I was thinking of riding it anyway, may be next Saturday or the following one. Anybody else interested in doing it? I seem to go round a 200 in about 10 hours. For me it would be more convenient to start it from Malmesbury, but I can also drive to Cardiff.

Chief cat entertainer.

Re: Anybody for a deferred Malmesbury Mash?
« Reply #1 on: 08 February, 2009, 01:16:43 pm »
Could ride it saturday after next starting from malmesbury. 

« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2009, 01:41:32 pm »
I'd be up for this Saturday after next . Malmesbury start is fine for me. Suggest the Cross Hayes car park as a possible meeting point?

Edit - Sorry not able to do this on the 21st as the calendar at home wasn't up to date and I'm advised by SWMBO that I'm busy that day driving sprogs around  :demon: (and to be fair I don't feel I can let them down).

Would be up for the Sunday 22nd if anybody else could make that though?   

Please don’t ask me questions cos I don't know what to say - Wreckless Eric - 1978

« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2009, 04:41:38 pm »
Count me in, would prefer Cardiff but will travel to Malmesbury if numbers dictate, 22 or 23 are the best dates for me...

« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2009, 05:50:45 pm »
Now that I have the routesheet, I was thinking of riding it anyway, may be next Saturday or the following one. Anybody else interested in doing it? I seem to go round a 200 in about 10 hours. For me it would be more convenient to start it from Malmesbury, but I can also drive to Cardiff.

I would have considered it, however my "event planner" (Mrs Blacksheep) has already enetered us for the Cotswold Corker.

We have to get a 200 in for Feb to keep the RTTY going. I expect we'll end-up doing Dr. Foster's S.S. from Hartpury.

Have a good time if you do a Malms Mash.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

border-rider

« Reply #5 on: 08 February, 2009, 09:24:22 pm »
I'm up for this

Can't do next Sat (14th) but could do Sunday, or 22nd/23rd

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #6 on: 08 February, 2009, 10:36:13 pm »

I would have considered it, however my "event planner" (Mrs Blacksheep) has already enetered us for the Cotswold Corker.

I know the feeling after twisting a bit the arm of my planner I can do the 14th, the 15th, the 21st or the 22nd, although the 21st is not my preferred date as I have to be at Portsmouth at 9.30pm.

From an  admin point of view would this be a permanent or a DIY or is it too late to enter it?
Chief cat entertainer.

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #7 on: 08 February, 2009, 10:48:07 pm »
Reading everybody's posts, the 22nd seems a good date, can you do the 22nd Monsieur Pumpé?
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #8 on: 08 February, 2009, 11:42:34 pm »
I may not even be able to make the weekends either but need to do a 200km none the less. I may have to do it mid week on my own starting from Cardiff. Would there be a problem with this from a RRTY point of view?
Iawn, cont? It's a 67.4" by the way.

« Reply #9 on: 09 February, 2009, 09:16:33 am »
Reading everybody's posts, the 22nd seems a good date, can you do the 22nd Monsieur Pumpé?

Yes I can!

« Reply #10 on: 09 February, 2009, 11:26:06 am »
So, can we take it that the plan is for the 22nd? From Malmesbury?

I along with other posters are new to the Permanent way of doing things ??? What happens next? Do we apply to John for brevet cards or to Danial Webb / Ian H? - The riding bit is simple as we all seem to have route sheets. Any advice appreciated!

border-rider

« Reply #11 on: 09 February, 2009, 11:38:41 am »

I along with other posters are new to the Permanent way of doing things ??? What happens next? Do we apply to John for brevet cards or to Danial Webb / Ian H? - The riding bit is simple as we all seem to have route sheets. Any advice appreciated!

I'm not going to start from Malmesbury I'm afraid.

« Reply #12 on: 09 February, 2009, 11:45:23 am »
Send your local perm organiser (ours is Danial and I think he covers that part of the world too an event entry form (http://www.aukweb.net/cal/entform.pdf), with the date you intend to ride and teh few other basic details reqd, you need to give it a name, but I don't think there are any hard and fast rules.  Print the form, on the back write/print the controls you intend to use (place & cumulative distance).  Put in an envelop with an SAE and the organisers current entry fee (best to confirm this).  A card will then be sent to you.

Do the ride.

Post card with another SAE.

I tend to bulk-buy the cards.  I also tend to provide Autoroute tracks for all of my entries, to make life easier for the organiser.  The other advantage to having a pile of cards on hand is that you can do most of the above electronically, allowing for last minute entries, for example on the rare ocassions when we get nice weather.

Anyway, that's how it works for me.  Best of luck, I'm afraid I won't make it this time as the rest of the month is looking full with other things and I've seen enough of England for a while...

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #13 on: 09 February, 2009, 11:50:11 am »

I'm not going to start from Malmesbury I'm afraid.

Er, where are you starting from?   I assume the route goes from cardiff to malmesbury via wickwar and chepstow.  If you are starting from somewhere near chepstow this could be good for me

« Reply #14 on: 09 February, 2009, 11:52:55 am »
Okay, we could always have 2 starts from each end and meet somewhere in the middle... Cardiff would suit me better as I'm from Swansea just looking at trying to get a 200 in before the end of the month + not having to travel for 3.5 hours of M4 or travel overnight to Stockport :-\

So to summarise I would prefer to start from Cardiff who would join Mal and myself??

Thanks for the info Andy!

border-rider

« Reply #15 on: 09 February, 2009, 11:53:23 am »
I was intending to ride from home. 

I could go to the start, but a rendezvous at Chepstow would suit me quite well also

« Reply #16 on: 09 February, 2009, 12:02:39 pm »
Malmesbury for me

daflloyd

« Reply #17 on: 09 February, 2009, 01:17:35 pm »
I would like to do this from Cardiff on 22nd Feb (big caveat regarding getting a pass).

Happy to do the route with or sans points, and if everyone else is starting from Malmesbury, doing Chepstow and back twice (once with company).

I'll keep an eye on this, catch SWMBO on a good day and consider a diy entry.....

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #18 on: 09 February, 2009, 01:49:06 pm »
i have added a poll so you can vote on the starting point.

I would see a Chepstow start (motorway services on the english side) going towards Malmesbury working quite well. Monsieur Pumpe could always join us later, and we could meet the welsh from the "far side" at lunch time in Chepstow garden centre.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #19 on: 09 February, 2009, 01:51:21 pm »
I would do either Chep or Malmesbury.

« Reply #20 on: 09 February, 2009, 06:59:54 pm »
Like Monsieur Pumpé I could also do the 22nd from either Chepstow or Malmesbury (I live about half way between the two).
Please don’t ask me questions cos I don't know what to say - Wreckless Eric - 1978

« Reply #21 on: 09 February, 2009, 07:04:54 pm »
Where do you live?

« Reply #22 on: 09 February, 2009, 07:13:35 pm »
Emersons Green, Bristol.

daflloyd

« Reply #23 on: 09 February, 2009, 10:42:39 pm »
Sorry everybody - pass came back from SHMBO for 21st. May well do the route anyway then, or do a 200 staying within God's Country.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #24 on: 10 February, 2009, 09:11:07 am »
what are the controls for those of us entering as a DIY?