Author Topic: Dave Harris Memorial 200  (Read 2792 times)

Dave Harris Memorial 200
« on: 19 February, 2009, 11:26:28 pm »
Anyone else down for the ride up Talla on the 1st of March?

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
Re: Dave Harris Memorial 200
« Reply #1 on: 20 February, 2009, 12:04:30 pm »
Anyone else down for the ride walk up Talla on the 1st of March?

FTFY ;)

ps - No, I is on holiday, honest
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

The Bairn

« Reply #2 on: 20 February, 2009, 12:37:12 pm »
Yes I am, but only to avoid being press ganged into helping at the finish.

Witchy Knowe is my own personal bete (as opposed to boudin) noir.  It seems to be so much worse once I’ve been softened up by Talla and Berry Bush.  That cattle grid at the top just never seems to get any closer.

« Reply #3 on: 20 February, 2009, 03:33:09 pm »
Yes, I'm planning on riding this event. Hope we don't get the usual weather. RJMcB, Noodley and myself soaked through to the Y's a couple of years back. >:(

neilmc.

« Reply #4 on: 20 February, 2009, 06:39:17 pm »
No can do that day.

I was able to ride up Talla last year.   :P

But then died at the Gordon Arms.   :-[

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #5 on: 20 February, 2009, 07:33:05 pm »
I entered but then found out that I've got to go to a Birthday party in Leeds that weekend.

« Reply #6 on: 20 February, 2009, 08:56:11 pm »
I entered but then found out that I've got to go to a Birthday party in Leeds that weekend.

Jessie.  You're just scared.  ;)

« Reply #7 on: 20 February, 2009, 09:09:26 pm »
RJMcB, Noodley and myself soaked through to the Y's a couple of years back. >:(

Oh yes, I remember that, my first 200.  It was a bit breezy with a slight drizzle IIRC  ;D

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #8 on: 20 February, 2009, 10:26:14 pm »

Jessie.  You're just scared.  ;)

I'm not scared, just doing my family duty.  However, based on my TOEL performance I'd be round this one in 16 hours.

« Reply #9 on: 23 February, 2009, 10:43:56 pm »
Ok I'll bring you all up to speed

There's 34 entries so far with a few more roadmen from Musselburgh expected on the day

A good entry for a none PBP year :D

Were planning to ride round on saturday, if anybody would like to join us just let us know :)

We look forward to seeing you all on sunday

PS for anybody who hasn't recieved there route sheet yet, the Roslin glen road is still closed, so from Edinburgh Bypass come off at Laswade turn off, follow road and turn to the right just after the dip to Poltonmill, carry on to T junction, turn right. Turn left after a few 100 yards. Follow to T, turn right and your there.   

The Bairn

« Reply #10 on: 25 February, 2009, 12:57:57 pm »
Ok I'll bring you all up to speed

There's 34 entries so far with a few more roadmen from Musselburgh expected on the day

A good entry for a none PBP year :D

Were planning to ride round on saturday, if anybody would like to join us just let us know :)

We look forward to seeing you all on sunday

PS for anybody who hasn't recieved there route sheet yet, the Roslin glen road is still closed, so from Edinburgh Bypass come off at Laswade turn off, follow road and turn to the right just after the dip to Poltonmill, carry on to T junction, turn right. Turn left after a few 100 yards. Follow to T, turn right and your there.   

I normally cycle to the start via the Roslin Glen road (the event itself just doesnt have enough hills :D.).  Does anybody know if its closed just to vehicles or completely impassable even on a bike?     

« Reply #11 on: 25 February, 2009, 02:05:35 pm »

I normally cycle to the start via the Roslin Glen road (the event itself just doesnt have enough hills :D.).  Does anybody know if its closed just to vehicles or completely impassable even on a bike?     

The road is fine for cycles, although getting a bit dirty now.

Cars can get round by detouring up the Roslynlee road, it's an extra 1 1/2 miles.

Y lee G you could get a lift with us if you want an extra 15 mins in bed, we'll be leaving about 7am 

« Reply #12 on: 06 March, 2009, 12:35:44 am »
A Grand Day Out
A slightly damp start but the double portions of bacon rolls  :thumbsup: at Tweedsmuir combined with a favorable breeze and sunshine  8) helped with the big climb between Tala and Meggat. I saw Mike Hood taking photos near the top and wonder if he could publish a few on the forum?
Thanks to the Ernst's for hosting this again .