Author Topic: Swansea/Camarthen area to Aberystwyth permenant event?  (Read 1376 times)

Swansea/Camarthen area to Aberystwyth permenant event?
« on: 22 February, 2009, 03:23:48 pm »
Are there any permenant events that leave the Swansea/Camarthen area to Aberystwyth? I've looked around a bit but can't find anything. Doesn't have to be a circular route. Thanks.
Iawn, cont? It's a 67.4" by the way.

Re: Swansea/Camarthen area to Aberystwyth permenant event?
« Reply #1 on: 22 February, 2009, 06:21:26 pm »
We did a DIY from Aber-Cardiff last year.  The route went via Carmarthen and I can probably find the autoroute track for that bit of the ride if you're interested.  I think we did it as one leg, taking the shortest route via Llanrhystud, Temple Bar, Llanybydder, and Alltwalis.  We also did a 300 DIY from Aber that passed through Carmarthen.  This route headed down the coast road to Cardigan, then over Mynydd Preseli to cHaverfordwest, then along the A40 to Carmarthen.

Anything south is invariably lumpy and hard going for the first 50 miles or so from Aber, and for that reason the vast majority of our DIYs have gone West or North...

You may also like to get in touch with Dave Lewis about the Cambrian Connections Mesh, which would certainly give you the building blocks.  Are you aiming to make a 200 from it?

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2009, 07:16:06 pm »
Are you aiming to make a 200 from it?

The background to it all is that once in a while we both travel to Aber for Amanda's harp lesson. An idea is to simply cycle there then return by car the following day. Doesn't matter what the mileage is but if it's over 100km I want it recorded formally. If it's a 200km then it can be one of my RRTY rides.
Iawn, cont? It's a 67.4" by the way.

« Reply #3 on: 23 February, 2009, 09:07:39 am »
Are you aiming to make a 200 from it?

The background to it all is that once in a while we both travel to Aber for Amanda's harp lesson. An idea is to simply cycle there then return by car the following day. Doesn't matter what the mileage is but if it's over 100km I want it recorded formally. If it's a 200km then it can be one of my RRTY rides.

Borrowing some bits from Rides I've done out of Bynea and Carmarthen, how about this for a DIY:

Carmarthen
Manorbier (nr Tenby)
St David's
Cardigan
Aberystwyth

Comes out as 214km in Autoroute.  I'd probably make it a bit longer by adding Llanstephan, Pendine and Amroth into the first leg, because it's a pleasant coastal diversion. 

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...